Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #1

How to Jack my new Wolf Pup Expandable

As we just got our new Wolf Pup Expandable, and looking at the type axle they use, if I were to have a flat tire were do I place the jack , under the frame or under the axle. This is the only thing the dealer didnt talk about. RICH1941
RICH1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1941 View Post
As we just got our new Wolf Pup Expandable, and looking at the type axle they use, if I were to have a flat tire were do I place the jack , under the frame or under the axle. This is the only thing the dealer didnt talk about. RICH1941
i always place mine under the axel where the spring connects. there are some post on the proper way to do it. if i read them right, i'm doing it wrong but it works. there are also post abt putting a jack stand under it in case the jack falls. well, if the jack falls, just put it back under, the drum will not go to the ground (assuming tandom axel). i had a flat on the front left and drove thru denver without knowing it. all that was left of the tire was the bead and the cord. the rim did not touch the ground. not suggesting not to use one just that u can safely do without it.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #3

this may be a better exclamation. looks like they have been there and done that and know how to avoid damage to the axles.

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7...ement-302.html
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote