Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #41

fresh cab online

Fresh cab is not longer available in Canada ???

try this link Fresh Cab: Rodent Control | eBay
hlywud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:36 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskCampers View Post
I have been using this in our trailer for years, all the farmers around here use it in their combines and tractors and have very good success. I usually use 3 bags, one in each room of the trailer.

https://www.earthkind.com/fresh-cab/
I can't find Fresh Cab in any of the stores around here. Tractor Supply has a place for it on their shelve but, they tell me they can no longer get Fresh Cab form their vendor. Does anyone know where you can still buy fresh Cab? O have used Fresh Cab for several years and had no mouse problems. I would sure like to get some for this winter.
98 days camping 2017 98 days camping 2018
94 days camping 2019 49 days camping 2020
Wayne Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #43

Start with a few bait stations and old school traps on the outside of your RV. I have three stations around the outside. 4 old school traps too. Kill them while they are on the outside.

Spray foam the pipes and all the other good stuff mentioned here on the inside. Add a few bait stations and traps on the inside too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000111.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	156336  
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #44

Try STAY AWAY MICE, Fresh Cab isn’t on the market. I understand the EPA is involved. Stay Away is made by the same outfit that made Fresh Cab.
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeman View Post
Try STAY AWAY MICE, Fresh Cab isn’t on the market. I understand the EPA is involved. Stay Away is made by the same outfit that made Fresh Cab.
I found a similar product (to Fresh Cab & Stay Away) at Lowes called Shake Away Mouse Repellent. Organic and natural. Indicated for RV's and recd good reviews.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #46
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonal View Post
Start with a few bait stations and old school traps on the outside of your RV. I have three stations around the outside. 4 old school traps too. Kill them while they are on the outside.

Spray foam the pipes and all the other good stuff mentioned here on the inside. Add a few bait stations and traps on the inside too.

Although bait stations may protect family pets and children from getting the bait, they still allowed poisoned rodents to leave the station where they are eaten by Raptors or family cats. Dozens of Bald Eagles have been poisoned in Maryland this year from eating poisoned wildlife.
Best solution is to keep them out , but if they get in, good old snap traps.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #47

I googeld it and it look like you can order it on line.

Brandon 2
brandon 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:54 PM   #48
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Here is a link to Earthkind's web site explaining the differences between Fresh Cab and Stay Away.

Fresh Cab vs Stay Away

Fresh Cab does appear to becoming extinct.
Really doesn't matter to me... the mice in our area tore the bags open and made nests out of the stuff!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:40 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlywud View Post
Fresh cab is not longer available in Canada ???

try this link Fresh Cab: Rodent Control | eBay

I think the general rule is, if it works well, they will take it off of the market. many of my favorites are gone, from drain cleaner to driveway crack filler, to floor polish.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:07 AM   #50
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Why would the EPA be involved with Fresh Cab, it's made from all natural ingredients.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:01 AM   #51
Just as confused as you

I just did some research on EarthKind Fresh Cab and this is what I found.

They are a small company ran by farm owner Kari Warberg Block with about 30 farmers/employees making Fresh Cab during slow time on the farm. When harvest season comes around production is halted so crops can be harvested. When she started making Fresh Cab she was giving it away to neighbors. It is because of the slow down of production and high demand of Fresh Cab that it gets hard to purchase during the fall.

The problem with low supplies of Fresh Cab I had heard back in September from a gentleman who had contacted Block about when he wanted to purchase a larger than normal amount. At that time I thought it was just an excuse as to why no stores around my area had Fresh Cab.

EarthKind makes Fresh Cab and Stay Away.

Block's problem with the EPA came about when she started selling the product without a license at county fairs.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...n_4171299.html

She also had problems with how Walmart deals with their suppliers. Here is an article on that matter.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/16/how-...-millions.html
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:03 PM   #52
oreddie

At the risk of repeating something already suggested in the 6 pages of replies, I offer the following. I plan to put coyote urine stuffed in nylon stockings in strategic locations but will also surround our rig with a corrall. I think it's the best last defense.

Mice Barrier for Cars | Natural Reserve System
Old 11-18-2017, 08:56 PM   #53
oreddie

I also plan to add this to my over-winter defense as my rig will be stored outdoors at my daughter's ranch. Mice Barrier for Cars | Natural Reserve System
Old 11-26-2017, 08:54 PM   #54

Sniper rifle pellet gun.
Let the wife know that you will be busy all day working on keeping mice out of the trailer.
Get a 18 pack of your favorite beverage and an ice chest. I would suggest a camo ice chest. Easier to conceal if the wife comes lookin for ya. Don’t forget a camo cuzie because they will help with the reflection coming off of your beverage. Don’t forget the ice.
Set up a sniper nest. Put some camo on if your feeling like a frog man. Easier to hide from the wife that way. And the mice.
This is important. When the beverages start running low. Please remember. Mice are not 5’6” tall nor do they have long blond hair. And they do not know your name. They also don’t speak English. I think they speak mice.
Do not engage! Good luck.
Mslaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:59 PM   #55

Take it as you may but we had an enclosed 28 ft trailer we used for storage and mice literally at it to pieces. We sold it, sold what contents we could salvage and when we bought our 5th wheel camper I was worried sick. We researched and decided on a product called “all natural RODENT MACE” from Nature MACE. I can’t say it works, but it worked 300% for us. Not one mouse. AT ALL. We bought the concentrated 1 Gal jug. Treats 87,000 SQ. FT. UPC number is 645696918002. Active ingredients are peppermint oil, 5.00%, spearmint oil 5.00%, lemongrass oil 2.50%. Other ingredients are water, Sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium benzoate 87.50%. My personal experience, I swear by it.
Jeff6146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:38 PM   #56
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6146 View Post
Take it as you may but we had an enclosed 28 ft trailer we used for storage and mice literally at it to pieces. We sold it, sold what contents we could salvage and when we bought our 5th wheel camper I was worried sick. We researched and decided on a product called “all natural RODENT MACE” from Nature MACE. I can’t say it works, but it worked 300% for us. Not one mouse. AT ALL. We bought the concentrated 1 Gal jug. Treats 87,000 SQ. FT. UPC number is 645696918002. Active ingredients are peppermint oil, 5.00%, spearmint oil 5.00%, lemongrass oil 2.50%. Other ingredients are water, Sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium benzoate 87.50%. My personal experience, I swear by it.
And during camp season it makes a great marinade.

I'm joking. I never heard of that one. I see it's on Amazon. This one is a gallon jug but it seems to be diluted since the oils are only 1 %. Different UPC from what you posted so I'm guessing this is a pre-mix and yours is a concentrate.
http://Nature's MACE Mouse Repellent..._vfIjAbFXZ21BV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6146 View Post
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:44 PM   #57

Jeff, did you spray around the trailer or IN the trailer? Our problem is the pack rats are living in the mechanical works of the motor home and have even gotten into the generator and are working on the wires there. They come out of the woods in the evening, seem to gain access to the undercarriage by jumping up on top of the propane tank and go from there. My mechanic confirmed that they live in the framework of the vehicles and leave at night to forage, then return at dawn. I would think we would need to try and spray at night while they were out to prevent their return. Probably put granules on floor pan of generator. Just kinda "writing out loud" here, but it does look like an effective product. Thanks for the tip.
Sandy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:59 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy B View Post
Jeff, did you spray around the trailer or IN the trailer? Our problem is the pack rats are living in the mechanical works of the motor home and have even gotten into the generator and are working on the wires there. They come out of the woods in the evening, seem to gain access to the undercarriage by jumping up on top of the propane tank and go from there. My mechanic confirmed that they live in the framework of the vehicles and leave at night to forage, then return at dawn. I would think we would need to try and spray at night while they were out to prevent their return. Probably put granules on floor pan of generator. Just kinda "writing out loud" here, but it does look like an effective product. Thanks for the tip.

I sprayed it all around our RV and all underneath on the ground and the entire underneath the RV itself. I didn’t want them to just jump from the ground onto the underbelly of the RV. I re spray once a month or after it rains. My time is not as important as my RV.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:01 AM   #59

I would do both. It might just run them out. I’d also set traps inside to get those little asses. Lol
Old 12-06-2017, 01:29 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
And during camp season it makes a great marinade.

I'm joking. I never heard of that one. I see it's on Amazon. This one is a gallon jug but it seems to be diluted since the oils are only 1 %. Different UPC from what you posted so I'm guessing this is a pre-mix and yours is a concentrate.
http://Nature's MACE Mouse Repellent..._vfIjAbFXZ21BV

Yes the one I got is very much a concentration.