Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2019, 10:25 PM   #61

To locate where the mice were getting in I used a cardboard box and a leaf blower placed over an open roof vent then made a smoke stick out of a bundle of three or four incense sticks to search for air movement. I used the leaf blower both as as blower and then as a vacuum. I quickly found several entry points and plugged them, but did not find all of the ways mice were getting in. Finally I used dry ice and boiling water to fill the motormome with a cloud of fog. Under the shower I found fog escaping where a panel had been pushed down by the drain pipes. A thin plastic panel was fastened above rear wheels and fastened with four screws and covered by spray foam. Apparently the panel was pushed down by the weight of someone standing on the shower floor. I will repeat the dry ice fog again to locate air leaks and mice access after I fix the plastic panel.
Good luck finding your mouse access holes.
Charles
Yakimacharlesferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:02 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakimacharlesferguson View Post
To locate where the mice were getting in I used a cardboard box and a leaf blower placed over an open roof vent then made a smoke stick out of a bundle of three or four incense sticks to search for air movement. I used the leaf blower both as as blower and then as a vacuum. I quickly found several entry points and plugged them, but did not find all of the ways mice were getting in. Finally I used dry ice and boiling water to fill the motormome with a cloud of fog. Under the shower I found fog escaping where a panel had been pushed down by the drain pipes. A thin plastic panel was fastened above rear wheels and fastened with four screws and covered by spray foam. Apparently the panel was pushed down by the weight of someone standing on the shower floor. I will repeat the dry ice fog again to locate air leaks and mice access after I fix the plastic panel.
Good luck finding your mouse access holes.
Charles

Fascinating approach. Where did you get the dry ice?
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:25 PM   #63
2013 Georgetown XL 377

Detour For Rodents And Insects PiGNX Rodent Repellent. I use this material after mice started making nesting material from the expandable foam I applied to exlude them from my Georgetown. All natural and really makes the mice uncomfortable. I would foam first then apply a bead of Detour on top of foam. Haven’t had a problem since.
Georgetown377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:00 PM   #64
oreddie

Didn't have inside coach problems this winter - peppermint oil soaked cotton balls, mothballs and coyote urine soaked sand in small nylon stocking pouches plus aluminum flashing wall around each tire.

The buggers still found a way into the engine compartment tho. No debilitating damage but two nests built from engine insulation.

I'm gonna lift the rig on as many leveling blocks as I own this winter season and surround the entire chassis with a "mouse fence" of 12" aluminum flashing attached to 2x6's. If that doesn't work we'll store somewhere warm .
Old 08-25-2019, 01:08 PM   #65

Mice in the Summer

We are also having a problem keeping a critter out, in the middle of the summer at a very nice campground on a cement slab and all of the sudden in the nice warm summer weather we have either a mouse or squirrel in the front part of our TT at 2:30 am. Only heard it in the middle of the night, three nights in a row. Before winter last year my husband sealed off all openings and we had no problems over the winter. Why now in the summer? We tried moth balls and peppermint oil. They are not inside the TT, in the wall only in the front part of it. Have to be careful of what we use, due to lots of dogs being around in the campground. Any suggestions are appreciated.
TTcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:39 PM   #66

Just my opinion but I don't think it is possible to plug all entry points without totally disassembling the entire unit. This could be done during assembly, but such is the reality of the RV industry.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:21 PM   #67

Where mice can get into motorhome. I have found another place where mice have gotten into my motorhome. If you remove the plastic panels from the door posts, you will find two (each side) places where mice enter. The larger hole is between the vehicle’s frame and the motorhome panel (it may be covered by small strip of carpeting). The second opening is just forward of the first opening in the door post in a small cavity. I filled the first opening with foam and the second with steel wool.
Yakimacharlesferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:01 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakimacharlesferguson View Post
Where mice can get into motorhome. I have found another place where mice have gotten into my motorhome. If you remove the plastic panels from the door posts, you will find two (each side) places where mice enter. The larger hole is between the vehicle’s frame and the motorhome panel (it may be covered by small strip of carpeting). The second opening is just forward of the first opening in the door post in a small cavity. I filled the first opening with foam and the second with steel wool.

Any pictures?
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:20 AM   #69
Can you run 3800 fps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trozfast View Post
Essentially Kates Premium Peppermint
oil.

+1

We've been using peppermint oil for years, no bugs or mice. There's a guy on You Tube that did the Live Mice research against moth balls and you have to see the video to believe it.

Camping together for 48 years!
SniperDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 11:54 AM   #70

My solution to mice is to kill them before they get in.
I take opaque plastic containers with lids and put a 1" hole in the side.
I put mice poison inside and place it under the trailer.
Check once in a while to see if it needs replenishing.
If you are worried about using poison then use some sticky traps and some bait.
This requires more frequent checking.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:14 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
we heard that Irish spring soap worked so we tried it the is the 3rd year using it and i haven't seen any sign of mice
so does it work ? maybe or then again we may be blessed to not have any mice around
Been researching this and seems like it is an old wise tale. Check the video proof below.