Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2015, 11:03 AM   #1

How To Photo: Stove Vent

In a recent Cedar Creek thread the question was asked about opening the stove vent flap on the outside of the trailer. Since we have a lot of new members with new trailers I thought I’d start this new thread with a photo showing how to open that rascally vent. With a thumb on each tab, push outward and slightly upward until the vent unlocks (opens).
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7114 - Copy.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	79091

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7114 - Copy - Copy.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	79092
Both tabs are part of the vent flap itself. Push on both tabs at the same time. It might take quite a bit of pressure the first time you open the vent. In the photo I only opened one because I had my camera in the other hand.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:16 AM   #2

I have trouble with that thing all the time. I usually don't even snap it back closed until we put it away for the winter.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:30 AM   #3
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car View Post
I have trouble with that thing all the time. I usually don't even snap it back closed until we put it away for the winter.
First time I forgot to latch....didn't have to the next time ....road crew can figure out what it is.... made my replacement, and haven't lost it let.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:15 PM   #4
2015 Puma 30rkss

I broke mine the first time I opened it because the manufacturer was a little too liberal with the silicone. I've been waiting 2 months now for Forest River to ship the replacement for warranty.
porter4dmfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:45 PM   #5
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by porter4dmfd View Post
I broke mine the first time I opened it because the manufacturer was a little too liberal with the silicone. I've been waiting 2 months now for Forest River to ship the replacement for warranty.
Some body made a new Plexiglas one and hinged /w metal hinges...don't think that one will grow legs.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:55 AM   #6

I do not know about the Silverbacks but on the Cedar Creeks units you would need a step ladder to reach the vent hood. I am 6 foot and I know that my wife could not even reach this if she wanted to without a 4 foot step ladder. I looked up in-side from the ground and I could not see a solid surface covering; it seem that there was a screen of some sorts over the vent? It is hard to tell with a black vent hood.

Now I will have to dig out the step ladder the next time we take the unit out and check really close. Dealer did not say anything about the vent hood at all on the walk around.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:14 AM   #7
Left Coast

There is a replacement range hood with a inside vent that you don't have to mess with and ,I believe, a 3 speed fan that is quite and moves some air......the post is located in the mods area.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:33 PM   #8

It helps to turn the fan on before you push the latches with the fan on when the latch un locks hthe fan push it out
stinglejet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:30 AM   #9

Guess I got cheated again. My 2013 CC 36CKTS doesn't have one.

Mine vents into the room and trips the smoke detector.

C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:02 PM   #10

porter4dmfd, do a Google search for "SAM-1 vent upgrade" and don't bother replacing the flap. Just silicone a piece of bug screen over the exterior discharge area and use the SAM-1 option that lets you close/open the vent from inside. If you choose to replace the flapper just send me a PM with your info and I'll mail you my flapper off the 2014 Sabre if it looks like the one in Oakman's pic. You'll love the quiet 3 speed squirrel cage fan, LED & night light option on the SAM.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:50 AM   #11

Would prefer a vent but, not modifying. FANTASTIC fan in kitchen vent with roof cover gets all smells out quickly and in any weather.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent