Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2024, 08:35 AM   #1

Leak from roof

If you have a leak from your camper roof and you canít find it check the brackets for solar panel.
I have a 2021 Forest River Cherokee limited 274BRB. The first year I had it there was a leak from the roof. I brought it to the dealer I got it from they put in a new light that was broken from water damage and they fixed what they thought was the leak cables from solar panel wires. Camper got covered for the winter. The next camping season it was leaking again on a camping trip now there is damage to the ceiling of my new camper and I had to replace light again. Dealer said I had to put a claim in with Forest River. I put in a claim with Forest River they said they would not cover the because it was over a year and part of regular maintenance. I had the camper in the year before it was never fixed properly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3770.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	300236   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3765.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	427.9 KB
ID:	300237  
gasman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 09:43 AM   #2

Does your insurance have a roof leak/water damage coverage? Mine does

Just a thought
MGD1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 12:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD1961 View Post
Does your insurance have a roof leak/water damage coverage? Mine does

Just a thought
Thanks. Not sure I didnít want my rates to go up I have house and 4 vehicles on the policy. I was hoping Forest River would of done the right thing less then 1 year old
Old 05-27-2024, 12:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman75 View Post
Thanks. Not sure I didnít want my rates to go up I have house and 4 vehicles on the policy. I was hoping Forest River would of done the right thing less then 1 year old
The right thing is in very short supply in the RV industry. There is always someone whoís job it is to say no.
MGD1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 02:44 PM   #5

That's a good catch. Unfortunate on FR's response though. I would also have thought the dealer might would try to make right an oversight they missed to repair part of the original root cause.
ak49rzrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 05:04 PM   #6

Nice username.
I tried with dealer they said you have to put in a claim with FR. Dealer replace 2 damaged lites at no cost.
Unfortunately I paid the dealer probably 5 months after I bought it. When we upgraded because of the kids aging out I know what dealer and manufacturer not to go to.

Tags
leak, roo, roof