Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2017, 10:14 PM   #61

Talking I left soething behind too...

:Not sure if this is acceptable story but...

Back when I was an Eagle Scout, I did a lot of remote camping in the Allegheny National Forest, backpacking in and really remote camping with my tent and essentials, usually a fishing rod for catching fish and some carry in food, just in case..

Anyway, I'm way back in the forest and I realized I forgot to pack TP and I had to go so I used my undies for TP. When I was done, I hung them in a tree. 2 years later a hiked the same area and came upon my undies, still hanging in the tree. Mother nature had washed them and they were clean and white so I took them down and packed them back up and went on my way

True story by the way.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:30 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplewon View Post
We use tongs. http://a.co/bi5lPmt

I normally find a stake(tent or tiedown) and free firewood someone was nice enough to leave behind.
A couple of years back we took some fire wood from an old dead tree we had @ home,,, Ranger @ Platte River Nat. Park near Sleeping Bear Dunes told me it was ok but I was to burn it all,,, and not to leave any of it behind !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post

Back when I was an Eagle Scout, I did a lot of remote camping in the Allegheny National Forest, backpacking in and really remote camping with my tent and essentials, usually a fishing rod for catching fish and some carry in food, just in case..

Anyway, I'm way back in the forest and I realized I forgot to pack TP and I had to go so I used my undies for TP. When I was done, I hung them in a tree. 2 years later a hiked the same area and came upon my undies, still hanging in the tree. Mother nature had washed them and they were clean and white so I took them down and packed them back up and went on my way

True story by the way.
You could not find some leaves ???
LOL !!!
Old 06-15-2017, 08:34 AM   #64
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzbrandi View Post
Ha ha, found a couple of root beers, juice drinks and bottles of water all iced down. In another bear box I found an open bottle Jack Daniels, cheap charcoal bbq. Today I found an air mattress.

Brandi
Nice!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:42 AM   #65
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
You could not find some leaves ???
LOL !!!
Plenty of Poison Ivy in the Allegeheny National Forest!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:33 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Plenty of Poison Ivy in the Allegeheny National Forest!
I have heard of that happening,,, with Poison Oak Leaves !!!
Old 06-16-2017, 06:55 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetavon View Post
I to am extra careful, pull out the site and walk it again....
This is a good practice and we do it every time we exit a site. Manmade items seem to stand out and show up when there is nothing in the site. Also it allows you to look over the rig from a distance and ready to roll instead of parked at the site.
gloryracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:00 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I have heard of that happening,,, with Poison Oak Leaves !!!
Plenty of it here in Michigan too. Why I keep a bottle of 'Ivy Wash' in the cabinet. Works really well and safer than a Medrol Dose Pak. Goes in the camper when camping too. Great stuff.

Why I used my undies. No butt rash needed.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:19 AM   #69

Quote:
Plenty of it here in Michigan too. Why I keep a bottle of 'Ivy Wash' in the cabinet. Works really well and safer than a Medrol Dose Pak. Goes in the camper when camping too. Great stuff.

Why I used my undies. No butt rash needed.
LOL !!!
I do for sure there is a ton of Poison Ivy around the back edge of Wilderness State Park just Southeast of the Big Mac !!!
Old 06-16-2017, 12:00 PM   #70

Quote:

True story by the way.
I had a similar experience but not camping. I worked in a factory and the union called a strike. I had to go but the factory manager would not let me in to use the facilities even thought we had a good relationship. He pointed out the wooded area across the street with a stream running through.

So I did my business and used some tree leaves to clean up but I needed something more substantial so I used my underpants and then hung them on a branch. I checked during the next work stoppage and they were still there but I just left them hanging.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:19 PM   #71

Left behind at the campsite

Timely topic. We pulled out of Kodachrome Basin State Park a few days ago and when we started to set up in Moab, Utah, DH realized he left our very expensive water regulator at Kodachrome. Immediately called the State Park and wonderful ranger went to our site, found regulator, shipped to us USPS priority (charged on our credit card) and we got it today. Thank you nice Utah SP ranger!
Old 06-16-2017, 09:36 PM   #72

That is a good deal. Thinking back, I left my good Buck Folder on a picnic table in a State Campground in the Marquette, Michigan a few years ago. I had to think about it for some time but I'm sure someone got a nice Buck Knife. I've since replaced it.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:34 PM   #73

I left my wife and dog behind once. Man, I sure miss my dog!!
TST 507 TPMS
2017 = 30 nights /
2018 = 7 nights
woodyrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:37 PM   #74

All this talk about fire pokers and I don't even have one. I use my 15 yr old firefighting gloves to manually pick up the burning logs and rearrange them. I can usually move three or four before it gets to warm for my fingers. It's a lot easier than trying to shove or lift them with a poker.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:55 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyrock1 View Post
I left my wife and dog behind once. Man, I sure miss my dog!!
I hear ya woody !!!
Old 06-18-2017, 10:35 PM   #76

we do the walk around before we pull out and then once tt is moved forward we do a second look over. never left the wife but someday's I'll think what if.

have left wheel chocks and our little flag holder. flag holder was found and our son retrieved it from the cg.

Ken and Denise new SOB Imagine2019 2850mk 2017 Ram 2500 ctd.
previous 2015 shamrock23s,2015 Ram Eco diesel
previous 1997 coleman highlander pup,1994 35rb Vectra,diesel,2007 Fleetwood arcadia pup.2005 ram
kennyairport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:01 PM   #77

We use a couple of small shepherds hooks to coil up the excess electrical cord and water hose while hooked up just to keep them off the ground. We forgot them one time when we left for home. Luckily I went back to the campground and they were still right where I had left them.
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:50 PM   #78
Camper

I left a watts water pressure regulator with dual liquid filled gauges on the spigot at the site we were at. I did not realize it until about a month later. I called the campground and thankfully they had it behind the counter, the maintenance man found it. I got lucky on that one.

TV - 2006 F350 6.0 DRW CC
TT - 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:52 PM   #79
Who Dares, Wins

I found someones very nice 4x4 chocks they had made. I have left a few of the cheapy water regulators on the hydrant.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:02 PM   #80

Just Left behind my PI EMS

We left Fort Wilderness in Disney on Sunday. Stopped in a campground in GA and instantly realized I left my EMS plugged into the pedestal back in FL.

The kids have really been enthusiastic about camping to include the setup and teardown. I was teaching my daughter how to properly coil the power cord and I pulled it right off the EMS and left the EMS plugged in. By the time we were done I got distracted with another task and completely forgot about it.

I called Disney and they walked to the site and said it was not there. The new people in that site said they did not see it when they pulled in.

I hope whoever has it now and decided not to turn in into lost and found really needed it more that I do.

I think I might replace it with the internal hard wired unit.
That was an expensive lesson to learn.

Ron
Ron045 is offline   Reply With Quote