Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2014, 04:08 PM   #1

Leveling on driveway.

So the challenge is that my driveway isn't level. At the A arm bottom it measures 34 inches (to the ground) and she's almost level. What I fear is that the tongue jack isn't enough support to go in and out loading the camper, etc.

So my ideas include two jacks like this to 'support' the tongue jack (put them on the A arm)

Or something like this and brace this between the A arm:

Im just tire kicking. Does anyone else have any better ideas?
Hellwig Sway Bar 7272
Equalizer Hitch system
Long Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

How you just do like I do? Load it unlevel. When I bring the TT home to load up I just keep it fairly parallel to the driveway so the front and rear stabs are carrying about the same weight (Yes the slope is going to cause more weight to the front stabs, but that difference should be less than the jacking the tongue way up and putting the bumper on the ground.)

Like this I might not be level but I'm fairly stable and have no problem moving around. It also keeps me from overextending any of the jacks.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #3

Not possible. I have two slides and need to open them to be able to access the bunks. Surely I'm not opening the slides with the angle I'm at now.
Hellwig Sway Bar 7272
Equalizer Hitch system
Long Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Islander View Post
Not possible. I have two slides and need to open them to be able to access the bunks. Surely I'm not opening the slides with the angle I'm at now.
Just make sure you have something like 2 Bal X chocks installed and if you want added insurance, wheel chocks in front of the wheels and jack it up level. The stab jacks and the tongue jack will hold up just fine. Most tongue jacks are good for around 3,000+ lbs.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Islander View Post
Must be one heck of an angle. My driveway's on a 2-3° slope (depending where you measure) and I have no problems putting my slide out. And I'll probably be condoned for this but yes, I run my fridge on that angle too.

Tags
leveling