Old 06-26-2020, 11:21 AM   #41

I have a honda 2000i generator and it fits perfect in my diamond plate truck tool box that locks! Since I have solar I rarely use the generator.
Happy Trails All!!
roaddiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 11:51 AM   #42

I really liked it. We used it for about 3 years before buying our current coach. It doesnít have an hour counter but I know we had 100s of hours on it. We dry camp about 2/3 of our annual 15 week summer trip (and I donít go without air conditioning).
We had the model with the electric start. Absolutely awesome. Start or stop the generator from the comfort of inside. It is reasonably quiet. And maintenance is not too difficult just get a long neck skinny funnel and one of the shallow Glad disposable bowls to collect the spent oil. It never did burn oil.
For fuel consumption I would fill about 10 pm and it would run until 8:30-9 am running the AC, TV and satellite most of the night.
One piece of advice is to make sure to put the refrigerator is on gas when running the AC in high temps I had it shut off on two when running it to cool off a 99* trailer with temps over 105*.
Accountingphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:17 PM   #43

Carrying generator

I have a Fireman generator from Costco, 3500/2900W. It weighs about 100 lbs and I carry a 5 gallon gas tank so another 35lbs. I mounted a aluminum carryall on the trailer bumper from Harbor Freight to carry both. I installed a pair of braces from Amazon for about $30. Install with self tapping bolts, very easy. They increase your weight limit on you trailer bumper by 400 lbs. I have used them on a 25' Jayco TT for a couple of years in 11 states, over the Rockies and about every kind of road surface with zero issues. I now do the same with a 28' Salem Cruise Lite, again no issues. I have both the gas tank and generator cabled and locked to the bumper and run it right there, hardly feel or hear it inside. This set up was a life saver last September boondocking while traveling through California and Arizona in 100 degree plus temp. Ran A/C about 6 hours a night so we could sleep. Enjoy
birdtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:44 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Unfortunately they ran out of that unit several weeks ago. So much for that sale price.

Wow, I am really glad that I didn't dawdle, and ordered the first day it was available. Took about 2.5 weeks to ship to my house from NC.

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 12:55 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbq View Post
Since most of my camping is high elevation I called their customer service & they sent me out the 2 high elevation jets, no charge.
I've never heard about this being a thing. I was in CO and having issues with my generator. I wonder if this is why.
LynnATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:57 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnATX View Post
I've never heard about this being a thing. I was in CO and having issues with my generator. I wonder if this is why.
Yep:

https://www.etrailer.com/question-37...%20and%20fuel.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator