RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2018, 11:37 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 51
No more Scott extra soft toilet paper available

It seams like the Scott extra soft toilet paper is no more available. No more at Walmart, Target or Staples. Do somebody know where I can find some in Myrtle Beach (Huntington Beach State Park area) or on the road between Myrtle Beach and Anastasia State Park, FL? Or do you know if the Scott 1000 Septic safe toilet paper is a good replacement?
__________________
RFLLambert.
2014 Lexington 265DFS.
RFLLambert is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
Is Walmart no longer carrying it or is Scott no longer making it? Either way, this is a tragedy. We have tried other rv tank safe papers but the Scott extra soft is by far the best for the tush.
gsmith364 is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 12:01 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
NMWildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 6,416
For years, we have used the same Charmin tp that we use in the house, in the RV. Really doesn't make any difference.
__________________
Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 12:02 PM   #4
D W
Senior Member
 
D W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ALASKA (World's Biggest Campground)
Posts: 2,682
In our Walmarts where the SCOTT Extra Soft used to be is now full of the SCOTT Extra Comfort. I have a feeling this is a Kimberly-Clark (MFGR) thing, rather than a Walmart deal.
__________________
'07 K3500 Silverado LT Crew Duramax (LBZ)
2016 Salem 27RKSS
1984 CHEV SCOTTSDALE K20 2GCGK24J0E1XXXXXX (Chevrolet Legends-Class of 2019)
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 12:18 PM   #5
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Posts: 3,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
For years, we have used the same Charmin tp that we use in the house, in the RV. Really doesn't make any difference.
You may not have any issues with it...

But whatever septic system you are putting it into probably is.

Of course, you are gone so you wouldn't know if they are having issues!
JohnD10 is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
NMWildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 6,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
You may not have any issues with it...

But whatever septic system you are putting it into probably is.

Of course, you are gone so you wouldn't know if they are having issues!
We have had this argument before, and you are still wrong. Look up any brand of modern TP, and they will all say they are septic system safe. We use Charmin in the farms many septic tanks, no problems. Sorry if that doesn't fit your argument for using only expensive RV TP that makes absolutely no difference in holding tanks or RV park septic systems.
__________________
Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 12:39 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 38
tush

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith364 View Post
Is Walmart no longer carrying it or is Scott no longer making it? Either way, this is a tragedy. We have tried other rv tank safe papers but the Scott extra soft is by far the best for the tush.
Oh yes I agree. Bought some a couple days ago at wal-mart. And if it is still made you can buy on line.
1984fireball is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 12:40 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 32
In 45 years of owning RVs I have never used any kind of special toilet paper. Normal household toilet paper of any brand breaks down just fine. Of course don't forget the special chemical scam. I have never used any of that stuff either. Both are designed to separate fools from their money.
Carpercb is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 12:48 PM   #9
Member
 
Tabasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 44
Charmin Ultra works the same. I did my on test and found it actually works better than the So called RV paper.
Tabasco is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 12:51 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 191
Toilet paper

I know I will get some "euwwwww" remarks about this. We haven't put any toilet paper down the tank in 15 years. Keep a small covered trash can next to the toilet (with liner!!) and put it in there. No odor and you can use any paper you like, even a Sears catalog!
__________________
VMI'62
Edmund is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 12:51 PM   #11
Ree
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpercb View Post
In 45 years of owning RVs I have never used any kind of special toilet paper. Normal household toilet paper of any brand breaks down just fine. Of course don't forget the special chemical scam. I have never used any of that stuff either. Both are designed to separate fools from their money.
We use regular tp also. However, what do you use to control the odor. We are in the South with hot weather and without the chemicals, Thedford, we smell REALLY bad.
__________________
2014 35 V-Lite 30WIKSS Platinum
Expedition 5.4, Hankook, Reese 1200 Round Bar, Trans-Go, Hadden, Curt Tri-Flex, 3.73 Posi-Traction
Ree is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 43
We find that Angel Soft works great and has been tested against "RV" tp and found to be even better than that expensive specialty stuff. Good news: always available at Walmart.
flynfool is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 01:27 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: On a lake
Posts: 92
We also have had septic systems for MANY years. Used any of the nice TP without any problems, same with in our motorhome and travel trailer. Now we use the Kirkland paper from Costco (very nice paper) For just wet, we throw paper in garbage and take out daily. For big jobs, flush away. Never any problems. Never have we seen a campground with any info that special paper is to be used, and we travel at least 90 days a year, all over the US.
__________________
Pam & Steve
2006 Lexington 283GTS
towing a Harley or a Vue
frogsandhogs is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 01:49 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Port Richey Florida
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
We have had this argument before, and you are still wrong. Look up any brand of modern TP, and they will all say they are septic system safe. We use Charmin in the farms many septic tanks, no problems. Sorry if that doesn't fit your argument for using only expensive RV TP that makes absolutely no difference in holding tanks or RV park septic systems.

Agreed.
Decon Blue is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 01:58 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Port Richey Florida
Posts: 640
Plenty of it on EBay. But Iíve always just used single ply what ever is cheapest, plenty of water. Easy Peasy.
Decon Blue is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 01:59 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
amblt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: SW ONTARIO
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogsandhogs View Post
We also have had septic systems for MANY years. Used any of the nice TP without any problems, same with in our motorhome and travel trailer. Now we use the Kirkland paper from Costco (very nice paper) For just wet, we throw paper in garbage and take out daily. For big jobs, flush away. Never any problems. Never have we seen a campground with any info that special paper is to be used, and we travel at least 90 days a year, all over the US.
Agreed, but I have seen a campground dump station posted to refuse dumping to anyone who uses holding tank chemical. I wondered - how do they know and how do they police it? I waited a while at the station and then used it - no choice. Tanks were full and no dump facilities where I was going.

Oh yes, they didn't warn when you arrive, just to give you a chance to comply.

Cheers

amblt is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 02:12 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
jtesta1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Valencia Pa
Posts: 602
Any tp will work. What hurts the campgrounds are people putting wet wipes and paper towels down the toilet. Most campgrounds have a macerater and they get clogged up and have to be disassembled to be cleaned. A time consuming and dirty job.
jtesta1 is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 02:17 PM   #18
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Posts: 3,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
We have had this argument before, and you are still wrong. Look up any brand of modern TP, and they will all say they are septic system safe. We use Charmin in the farms many septic tanks, no problems. Sorry if that doesn't fit your argument for using only expensive RV TP that makes absolutely no difference in holding tanks or RV park septic systems.
I don't use the expensive RV TP...

I've been using Scott from Walmart for years...both in the house and in the RV.

The extra soft I believe is the new version of the old stuff (new and improved?).

And using your own home septic system is a little bit different than an RV park where you can have anywhere from 5 to 300+ RV's running into their septic.

Put that much Charmin in there and guess what you get?

Nuff said!
JohnD10 is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #19
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Posts: 3,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtesta1 View Post
Any tp will work. What hurts the campgrounds are people putting wet wipes and paper towels down the toilet. Most campgrounds have a macerater and they get clogged up and have to be disassembled to be cleaned. A time consuming and dirty job.
And three-ply cushy toilet paper that turns into wash rags when soaked...
JohnD10 is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
NMWildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 6,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
I don't use the expensive RV TP...

I've been using Scott from Walmart for years...both in the house and in the RV.

The extra soft I believe is the new version of the old stuff (new and improved?).

And using your own home septic system is a little bit different than an RV park where you can have anywhere from 5 to 300+ RV's running into their septic.

Put that much Charmin in there and guess what you get?

Nuff said!
Only in your mind John, only in your mind Our friends who own/manage a very busy RV park in Ruidoso, NM never have problems with their septic. No rules there on chemicals or TP.

But, continue on your quest to protect septic systems of all kinds from abuse by evil TP. Everybody needs a cause. Oh, and you forgot to remind us to always keep our gray valves closed
__________________
Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.