RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I always shower in the nude,I have never taken a shower in a suit & tie. Youroo!!
Gizmo0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #42

Well now, aren't we a smartypants! HAHA!
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #43

You could go to any hardware store and buy the cut to size, washable, blue furnace filter. Water runs through them and would be soft to stand on. They are similar to the bath mats you see advertised on tv for your shower only blue instead of white.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx View Post
You could go to any hardware store and buy the cut to size, washable, blue furnace filter. Water runs through them and would be soft to stand on. They are similar to the bath mats you see advertised on tv for your shower only blue instead of white.
Interesting topic and lots of grate ideas here. I think this is my favorite so far because it would be so lightweight. Our F150 has about all it wants with the Roo if we go deep in the mtns....so a filter is an excellent idea! Thanks Y'all
Roo-Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #45

What do tent campers do with their gray water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thwheel View Post
Most camp grounds we've stayed at don't allow gray water to be discharged on to the ground. If you're actually showering and using soap then you're dumping gray water on the ground.
I know it would not be cool to drain my gray water tank on the ground but before I got a TT I did a lot of tent or rustic camping. We had to wash our dishes and always did it at the campsite and dumped our dishwater (gray) in the bushes or if a small wash job around the water spigot. I don't think an outside shower would be much different. I guess I have yet pull into a camp site and say "shucks, someone took and outside shower here and dumped gray water all over the ground." LOL
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:06 AM   #46

I put a grey plastic bus bin (the kind that restaurants use to clear a table) at the outdoor shower. (These come in a two pack at Sam's Club). They are quite sturdy enough to stand in, the water accumulates to help get feet clean. The bottom is has ridges so not slippery, but quite comfortable. For children they can sit and get a shower bath. We use these bins inside at the top of the entry steps to collect boots in the winter and when it rains. In the summer one lives just under the entry steps to collect shoes. When camping at a beach I fill one with a couple inches of water and it lives near the entry door for foot swishing before entry.
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:20 AM   #47

A web friend of mine has an expedition style off road website and he actually makes a cedar wood base for this specific purpose. He is a standup guy too just trying to make a living by selling Landcruiser parts to other Landcruiser enthusiasts.

Click here for link.

If you look around his website, he also has some recipe's as well as some gear that may be useful to RV'ers like Solar chargers and water jugs for boon-docking.

EDIT: I am only connected to him because I have a Landcruiser and we frequent a Landcruiser forum ih8mud.com
Grizzlygibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:00 AM   #48

Outside shower Mod

I thought I would revive this thread a little and post my setup, I fab a lot of mods for my 282RK and this is one of my lady’s favorites. We grew up going to the shore and most beach houses had outside showers and it was always a joy to be under the sun or stars in the shower. So when we got our rig and started camping the bath houses go from nice to well ?? and me I just never could get with showering in flip flops. So with the so called outside shower (More like Dog Wash) I moved on to building a real outside shower and yes there are a lot ways to do it but this is mine. The whole thing folds up and packs into a 4 foot snow board bag except the ½ loop which nicely fits in the pass through against the wall. I built it out of 1” AL tube with some railing fitting and some machine work on my part. Yes this is over most DIY person’s head the way I did it but with some thought you could do it with PVC pipe.

The frame hangs on the coach’s gutter and has two 4” diameter suction cups that keep it firm to the side wall. The tube that holds the shower head actually pipes the water to the head through a fitting on the left where the outside shower hose connects to. The attached picture is just me testing it on the door side of the trailer it weighs in at about 6lbs with the head a and all, we use a water shut off valve at the connection so you can set the temp and forget and also take the military shower to conserve on water. The curtains are two bathtub size sewn together and we use a inside liner too as the outside one is sheer. This setup takes about 10 to 15 to unpack and install including shower curtain, and placing the 36 x36 rubber mat we got from Home Depot as a floor mat. We use a hanging shower rack for the bath sundries and a camping table on the outside next to the slide for towels etc. Still working on a good shower hook idea, the only post use mod was to add fishing weights at the bottom of the curtain so well, when the wind blows nobody gets flashed. The second Pic is us setup at orchard beach off lake Michigan, it was hit with the family.

We just love it and so far we have not had negative feedback from any of the campgrounds we have used it at.

Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower 2.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	179368   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower_1.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	435.1 KB
ID:	179369  
1960fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:09 AM   #49
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

I use a bamboo shower mat from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Bamboo-Shower...ower+mat&psc=1
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:25 AM   #50
Señor Member

In a word "duckboard"
Old 07-13-2018, 12:08 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960fl View Post
We just love it and so far we have not had negative feedback from any of the campgrounds we have used it at.

Rick
Probably won't get any complaints until the shower water starts running into their site and through their "sitting area". For sites with poor drainage it might be a good idea to make a shower pan and put a hose fitting on the side of it so you can direct the drainage water where it won't bother anyone. You can get ready made "drip pans" that go under washing machines that would handle this. Run the drain hose over to a nearby tree. They usually appreciate extra water during dry summer months.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:20 PM   #52

Go find a plastic soda pop crate. All you probably want is the bottom surface. They're 1/2 to 3/4 " thick. Cut where necessary. I keep one as a bottom stair step for those sites that weren't too level where I would have a tall last step
Most of what I've seen have been wood, teak or cedar and used around spas. That may cost you a few bucks or you could make it if you're handy

Bamboo Bath Mat Shower Floor Mat Non Slip, Made of 100% Natural Bamboo, By Bambusi @ Amazon $30
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:12 PM   #53

We use a Teak shower mat when the outdoor shower is needed. Usually only when at the beach though.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:44 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Gotta ask. Are you people actually taking baths outside or are you just washing things off? I have always wondered what the outside shower was for.
What's wrong with showering outside? I was on a motorcycle run in Delaware some years ago. The campground we stayed at was just getting on it's feet. They had a communal shower outside, with 4 shower heads strung between two trees. We just went in (coed) turned our back, stripped down and got clean.
The water was straight from the well, so nobody was impressing anyone.
otrtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:10 AM   #55

I use 4 of these. I use them to make a path from the outside shower back around to the front of the camper.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3986.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	207557
hillsvillehokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:41 AM   #56

Just going to say, my girl and i are courteous campers we travel with Dogs, we pick up after them, we say hi to everyone and we set up camp as private as we can. I would never set my shower up in a manor that would disturb another's camping or site. Though many say they camp like this the bath houses I've been in normally show that some/a lot do not respect the camp ground as others.

I use one of these as my shower mat, a little heavy but nice on the foot. https://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Cal-03...4QPMZ7MYE56DWP

The other thing we like to do is when we get settled at say a state park our county camp ground is we always keep a bag of Daffodil bulbs in the camper and we plant a couple here and there, kind of paying forward; in the spring it is always nice to see the impact. Sometimes i throw some grass seed out in the muddy spots :-) a little goofy like that.

BTW, as for where we camp (east coast) we try to stay away from camp grounds that are lay'd out like an RV storage lot, i'm not much at looking at the back of another camper.

Rick
Old 06-17-2019, 08:18 AM   #57

We have one of these that we use at the bottom of our steps as a door mat, but it would work perfectly for your shower mat needs.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:40 PM   #58

Boot Tray..... The plain simple black pan that you put your boots in when the snow is melting off of them... texture is good for the feet. Just leave your flips flops nearby to walk away. Dries fast, slim so easy to store - dual purpose if your boots get wet/muddy when out hiking...great place to dry them inside the coach and keep the coach clean.
AtTheLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:43 PM   #59
Site Team

CW has portable shower decks for $18.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:59 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Gotta ask. Are you people actually taking baths outside or are you just washing things off? I have always wondered what the outside shower was for.
First off I'm a broad shoulders guy (Not fat, LOL) if i use the shower in the camper my elbows bump everything, but honestly my wife and I like a little nature now and then ; Honestly my beach house in OCMD has an outside shower (most do) and most people shower outside in the summer to keep the inside tidy.

With the camper we don't want to use the inside shower because i don't think it is well made and i'm not looking for another project, i don't need a leak and rotted floors to devalue the coach. so i'd rather throw a towel around me walk around the camper and take a shower under the sun or moon and enjoy my Glamping experience. "It does have an enclosure that's what i originally posted Here" http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1869183

Rick

Sorry for the URL but insert Hyperlink not working for me.