Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2019, 01:02 AM   #61

i use old yoga mats. haha
it works well for me on muddy ground, especially since you can wash the mats fairly easy.
watermelonlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:06 AM   #62

I carried a plastic pallet around with me for outside showers, plenty of room and allows the water to dry, they do take up some space, but it was worth it
2020 Wolfpack 25PACK12
2018 Harley Road Glide Special
jdbunch1630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:36 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960fl View Post
I thought I would revive this thread a little and post my setup, I fab a lot of mods for my 282RK and this is one of my lady’s favorites. We grew up going to the shore and most beach houses had outside showers and it was always a joy to be under the sun or stars in the shower. So when we got our rig and started camping the bath houses go from nice to well ?? and me I just never could get with showering in flip flops. So with the so called outside shower (More like Dog Wash) I moved on to building a real outside shower and yes there are a lot ways to do it but this is mine. The whole thing folds up and packs into a 4 foot snow board bag except the ½ loop which nicely fits in the pass through against the wall. I built it out of 1” AL tube with some railing fitting and some machine work on my part. Yes this is over most DIY person’s head the way I did it but with some thought you could do it with PVC pipe.

The frame hangs on the coach’s gutter and has two 4” diameter suction cups that keep it firm to the side wall. The tube that holds the shower head actually pipes the water to the head through a fitting on the left where the outside shower hose connects to. The attached picture is just me testing it on the door side of the trailer it weighs in at about 6lbs with the head a and all, we use a water shut off valve at the connection so you can set the temp and forget and also take the military shower to conserve on water. The curtains are two bathtub size sewn together and we use a inside liner too as the outside one is sheer. This setup takes about 10 to 15 to unpack and install including shower curtain, and placing the 36 x36 rubber mat we got from Home Depot as a floor mat. We use a hanging shower rack for the bath sundries and a camping table on the outside next to the slide for towels etc. Still working on a good shower hook idea, the only post use mod was to add fishing weights at the bottom of the curtain so well, when the wind blows nobody gets flashed. The second Pic is us setup at orchard beach off lake Michigan, it was hit with the family.

We just love it and so far we have not had negative feedback from any of the campgrounds we have used it at.

Rick
That’s what I’m talking about! X2 on the idea of outdoor shower and how awesome they are. After all, it is camping, right?

I’m after something like this to hang a curtain off the TT. The teak interlocking floor panels shared in the thread are nice and would store easily. The problem on the TT we’re picking up this weekend (WHAT!!!) is that the shower connection/controls are on the awning side of the TT not on the “back-side” of the TT. Soooo, I don’t really want to be 1) in the middle of the common hang out area (though I don’t care, others might) 2) muddying up the common area.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

It’s not camping but glamping is better than nothing.
RamFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:29 PM   #64

This is what we carry, it will also roll up small enough to fit in the rear bumper -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2022 Ford F-350 Lariat, 4x4, CC, SRW, 7.3L
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:40 AM   #65

outside shower

I use a shower tent, and place it next to the rig. OUr current shower is on the back side of the rig, but the best placement I ever saw was on our old travel trailer, which was on the back. I use teak-wood dick boards I found at a yard sale. commonly used as trivets for potted plants on a patio. I got two f them, and they are perfect. Since the water brings in Yellow Jackets, I also hang the Yellow Jacket Trap nearby. A little gravel, or a lot of pine needles, and viola, a dry area.
My bride and I both have nice robes, so we don't have to try to dress in the shower tent, or streak to the door. Works out great. Showering all those muddy little grandkids out there is far better, too. Doesn't fill the grey tank.
Tiger Force Medic, 68/69
hankpac is offline   Reply With Quote