Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2018, 12:19 PM   #61

I feel the biggest thing I have learned in this thread when it comes to enjoying no issues come springtime it comes down to the details.

If your a blow it out person... Blow it the BEEP out, no half done blow job will work.

If you use the antifreeze, fine one compatible with your system and again have it in the right areas. Pump, lines fixtures. NOT in the FW tank or WH.

A few comments... in case someone doesn't know. Water when frozen EXPANDS, so water in say a valve when it freezes has to go somewhere, in a water system that is closed off it has no room to expand so it usually breaks the part that it is in. A Valve full of antifreeze in theory won't freeze, and a valve full of air well has no issues if properly empty of water.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:28 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Very few systems are installed with self draining valves and most of the ones that are designed that way are not installed correctly. Blowing out systems is a Necessity in most cases. Using 150psi is not 40 will do just fine . Even good self draining system can leave enough water in the valves to damage them . Though sprinkler systems can tolerate some water freezing in the lines and will not damage the n in a RV it.s a different story . RV get blown out and then pumped with glycol . Why chance it !
When I lived in Colorado and wanted to have a sprinkler system installed I found I needed to study a foreign language first, just so I could communicate with the "contractor" to get a quote.

I decided to design and install myself. Price was great and everything worked just the way it was supposed to. Like I said earlier, it helped that all my sprinkler runs were on a slope and it was a piece of cake to just add a self drain valve on the far end.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:00 PM   #63
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustdave View Post
I feel the biggest thing I have learned in this thread when it comes to enjoying no issues come springtime it comes down to the details.

If your a blow it out person... Blow it the BEEP out, no half done blow job will work.

If you use the antifreeze, fine one compatible with your system and again have it in the right areas. Pump, lines fixtures. NOT in the FW tank or WH.

A few comments... in case someone doesn't know. Water when frozen EXPANDS, so water in say a valve when it freezes has to go somewhere, in a water system that is closed off it has no room to expand so it usually breaks the part that it is in. A Valve full of antifreeze in theory won't freeze, and a valve full of air well has no issues if properly empty of water.
In case someone dosen't know... R/V antifreeze will in fact freeze, if the temperature gets low enough. The difference with R/V antifreeze is that it doesn't expand when frozen.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote