Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 10:45 AM   #41

I feel all/most of these comments. I consider myself to be very patient with my neighbors. I try to bear with the living with others and what they do, but we stayed at a private campground several times and the last was the end. One of my "next door" neighbors decided to have a concert. Stage. Amp. Guitar etc...
He sang ok, but never finished a song. It was loud and annoying. I was praying for 10P to come and go. It did. I prayed for them to finish up(they seemed to be having a good time). I called the office to complain and no answer. They finally quit.

The next night another neighbor stayed outside playing games with the radio/CDs too lound...like till 2A. No one did anything. Good managers.

We never went back.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply
Old 09-06-2017, 12:22 PM   #42
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Well for my 2cents today's folks are about me,myself and I. Look out world could care less what you think or say. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply
Old 09-06-2017, 12:35 PM   #43

Guess it really comes down to the "Individual" in all of us. We can be who we want to be, and most of us seem to want to be decent people that others can count on in a pinch.
There will always be the folks who are..."The one that dies with the most toys wins !!"
To those...I say this. The one that dies with the most toys....still dies...and I go buy all your stuff for a 10th of the price at the garage sale."
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply
Old 09-06-2017, 02:21 PM   #44

the thing that annoys me most are out of control kids and dogs that will not quit barking and the owner does nothing about it.
Now i understand kids can get loud when playing and having fun, thats fine believe it or not i was one about 100 years ago. it's the kid that thinks it OK to ride his bike through you campsite or run through your campsite. i once actually had a kid park his bike under our awning to keep it out of the rain ! guess what his bike got wet.
rp53 is offline   Reply
Old 09-06-2017, 07:23 PM   #45
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
We spent a week at Myrtle Beach this summer and our neighbor had three large dogs locked up in their 5er the whole time, and one of them barked incessantly the whole time when they were away. After the first day, I politely informed them that one of the dogs must have separation anxiety, because he barked all day long. He apologized, and said he did not know the dog did that. This did not, however, lead him to do anything about the problem. In retrospect, I should have reported him, but didn't. Why do people take their pets with them, only to leave them alone all day long, disturbing those around them?
Alan F is offline   Reply
Old 09-06-2017, 07:32 PM   #46

Send a message via AIM to SimoRandy
Quote:
Originally Posted by owgpz View Post
Several years ago I went to a truck stop just outside of Boise for fuel - very busy place, but the traffic was moving rather efficiently. There was just a single guy in front of me who finished and went inside to pay. 5 minutes passed, then 10 - my wife went inside to see what might be wrong and came out quite upset - evidently this person had left his car in the fuel lane and had gone inside to have lunch knowing full well that trailer in tow, I was right behind him waiting for my turn at the pump.

Talk about inconsiderate behavior. Unfortunately you cannot predict who is going to fall into this category.

I lost count of the times this had happened to me!!! Or, when your waiting for one of the two pumps to clear so you can pull in, someone cuts in front ac your pulling up!
Old 09-16-2017, 10:17 AM   #47

I could make a list. People (not just children) walking through other camper's sites. Loud music, fireworks, people driving too fast on the campground roads, noisy sites during quiet hours. Etc. Etc. These things have always been going on, but seems like it has gotten worse. Most recently I watch a camper pull into a pull through site disconnect his camper then proceed to park his vehicle blocking adjoining sites entrance. So the next camper had to back their camper in, even though it was a pull through site. If I had been that 2nd camper I would have never put up with it.
paulmac is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2017, 10:25 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
the thing that annoys me most are out of control kids and dogs that will not quit barking and the owner does nothing about it.
Now i understand kids can get loud when playing and having fun, thats fine believe it or not i was one about 100 years ago. it's the kid that thinks it OK to ride his bike through you campsite or run through your campsite. i once actually had a kid park his bike under our awning to keep it out of the rain ! guess what his bike got wet.
We were enjoying lunch outside one day and a little kid prowling around the campground looking for wood walked right up to the pickup truck and helped himself to a couple of pieces of wood. What can you do? Kid was around 5 or 6 years old. A little while later he came back, but with his father in tow. The father must have questioned his son where he found the wood. He brought the wood back and apologized for his sons actions. Poor kid started to cry. So we figured he learned his lesson and told him to go ahead and keep the wood ( we had plenty). Was nice to see father take responsibility for his son's action, and make his son apologize.
paulmac is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2017, 10:36 AM   #49
PhD, Common Sense

If I saw a kid stealing my wood, I would've stopped him then and there.

When father brought the wood back, I'd've kept it.

Kid didn't learn not to steal wood. He learned not to get caught, and that even if he is caught, he'll come out ahead.

Nail the little thief before he turns into a BIG thug.
eye95 is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2017, 10:44 AM   #50
Wait till next year...

What's a 5-6 year old prowling around a campground alone?
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is online now   Reply
Old 09-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #51
PhD, Common Sense

Bad parenting?
eye95 is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-e-d View Post
What's a 5-6 year old prowling around a campground alone?
When I was much younger gathering firewood was code for getting out of the way while my father and older brothers set up camp. What we brought back usually accounted for kindling, except for the time my younger brother drug back a fallen and half rotted tree. I know times are different, but dad probably expected Junior to stay within the immediate area. I think it's rude and uncalled for to be calling him a thief and future thug.
Sharon455 is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon455 View Post
I think it's rude and uncalled for to be calling him a thief and future thug.
I 100% agree with you. A 5 yr old is barely at the age of understanding right from serious wrong.

I was a military police and civilian cop for 26 years. Send a 5 yr old on a mission their only goal is to say hey look mom/dad. I did a good thing and found it.

When it was cut wood the father returned it with his son in tow to apologize.

I if I was the camper who the child took wood from would have replied like this.

ME->Young man I know you need some wood to help. So can you help me please and I will give you 10 pieces because this is important an I really need your help.

Me->Hoping young child would respond yes.

Then I would have pulled dad aside and said can I help and here is my idea?

Me-> back to child. You se I trip over small things like garbage or cigarette butts, my eyes are getting old. Can you please help me to find the little stuff I might trip over? Again hoping he said yes and we would have together found small or big trash from other campers and disposed of it. 5-10 minutes. I do this anyway (pick up rude campers crap left on grounds or fire pit)

Anyone who accuses a 5 year old of being a future thief has never been around thieves. 99% of people who camp have a bit of money and can afford to do so. There are those over the years I ran into with kids when I was a cop, who were homeless, but they were camping to allow their kids to go to a school.

We got them help and they were not thieves.

Shame on any of you who calls a 5 yr old an intentional thief.

Teach them do not judge them! Had you said that to me as a neighbor I would have embarrassed you in front of any other camper I could find.
TonyShope is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2017, 03:08 PM   #54

People who don't have a clue. Or IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
I could make a list. People (not just children) walking through other camper's sites. Loud music, fireworks, people driving too fast on the campground roads, noisy sites during quiet hours. Etc. Etc. These things have always been going on, but seems like it has gotten worse. Most recently I watch a camper pull into a pull through site disconnect his camper then proceed to park his vehicle blocking adjoining sites entrance. So the next camper had to back their camper in, even though it was a pull through site. If I had been that 2nd camper I would have never put up with it.
I feel your pain. I rented a space for Lake Lloyd parking for 24 hour of Daytona (not cheap). Pulled in around 10:00 pm. One of the other guest had a friend who parked in the space needed to allow access to my space. Had to get security and the whole mess. Made a stressful start to the weekend. My whole point in reserving a spot (again not cheap) was to avoid stress of first come,!first served parking. Seems to be my lot in life to always find the one dumb ass in the whole camp ground.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2017, 04:02 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyShope View Post
I 100% agree with you. A 5 yr old is barely at the age of understanding right from serious wrong.

I was a military police and civilian cop for 26 years. Send a 5 yr old on a mission their only goal is to say hey look mom/dad. I did a good thing and found it.

When it was cut wood the father returned it with his son in tow to apologize.

I if I was the camper who the child took wood from would have replied like this.

ME->Young man I know you need some wood to help. So can you help me please and I will give you 10 pieces because this is important an I really need your help.

Me->Hoping young child would respond yes.

Then I would have pulled dad aside and said can I help and here is my idea?

Me-> back to child. You se I trip over small things like garbage or cigarette butts, my eyes are getting old. Can you please help me to find the little stuff I might trip over? Again hoping he said yes and we would have together found small or big trash from other campers and disposed of it. 5-10 minutes. I do this anyway (pick up rude campers crap left on grounds or fire pit)

Anyone who accuses a 5 year old of being a future thief has never been around thieves. 99% of people who camp have a bit of money and can afford to do so. There are those over the years I ran into with kids when I was a cop, who were homeless, but they were camping to allow their kids to go to a school.

We got them help and they were not thieves.

Shame on any of you who calls a 5 yr old an intentional thief.

Teach them do not judge them! Had you said that to me as a neighbor I would have embarrassed you in front of any other camper I could find.
One of the most awesome, caring, and positive posts I have seen in a long time. BRAVO!

BTW, I agree calling a 5 year old a thief and future thug was callous; I can only hope that this was an ill thought out post and not really meant.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply
Old 09-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #56

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Many things have changed. I think the worst problem is lack of love for the fellow man.
Let it be about sexual orientation, race, religion or even some 3rd world country and most are just full of compassion, but not just general love for thy neighbor.
I agree and hate based upon religious beliefs can be added to this list!
B and B is offline   Reply
Old 09-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
One of the most awesome, caring, and positive posts I have seen in a long time. BRAVO!
Thank you. I truly believe that if people attempted to forget being self centered and tried to understand another persons situation life would be better for all.
TonyShope is offline   Reply
Old 09-17-2017, 05:22 PM   #58

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

Mark Twain - Innocents Abroad/Roughing It

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply
Old 09-17-2017, 11:21 PM   #59
PhD, Common Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon455 View Post
When I was much younger gathering firewood was code for getting out of the way while my father and older brothers set up camp. What we brought back usually accounted for kindling, except for the time my younger brother drug back a fallen and half rotted tree. I know times are different, but dad probably expected Junior to stay within the immediate area. I think it's rude and uncalled for to be calling him a thief and future thug.

He is a thief.

Who called him a future thug?

Rudeness is implying someone said something that he did not.
eye95 is offline   Reply
Old 09-17-2017, 11:22 PM   #60
PhD, Common Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post

BTW, I agree calling a 5 year old a thief and future thug was callous; I can only hope that this was an ill thought out post and not really meant.

Again, who called him a future thug?
eye95 is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
show