Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2014, 09:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjester View Post
Use air and blow out lines after your trips..you'll find after you do it a few times it doesn't take but a few minutes.. The pink stuff is a hassle if your going to keep taking it out..
I 100% disagree. We have been winter camping our previous TT and now our 5'r for a total of 8 winters now. We use our water system right down to as low as minus 25C. We winterize with pink after each winter trip. It takes all of 5 minutes to winterize and about the same to de-winterize. ZERO issues. It is no big deal at all. We usually get about 20 to 25 nights in throughout each winter.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon View Post
Give me a check ride and tell me what I did wrong.
First I drained all the tanks as best as I could on a 5% grade. Then I drained water out of the low point drains. I opened all the faucets to sinks/shower ect. I set the water heater valves in the bypass position. I set the water pump valve in the bypass position. I hooked up the blow out plug by screwing it in to the port labeled something about winterization.(It also said something about bypassing the tank). I blew out the lines at 50 PSI for about one minute. Then I reversed the water pump valve and put two gallons of rv antifreeze in the fresh water tank. I ran the water pump until foamy slightly pink mostly clear stuff came out of the various faucets and shower. I poured a little antifreeze down each trap and the toilet. I didn't know how to drain the hot water tank so I set a quartz infared heater at 59 degrees next to the hot water tank. Took about 45 minutes. Any thoughts? (other than take it to the dealer next time)
There should be a drain plug on the water tank. Also there should be a pickup tube for the antifreeze so you do not have to put it in the fresh water tank to get it to go through the pump. Also you do not have to put any in the toilet as long as there is no water sitting above the valve.
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #23
Lon

Thanks camping nut
Lon is offline   Reply With Quote