Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #21
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
If I was going to buy a smaller unit I would take a real hard look at these because of the colors.

https://www.google.com/#q=+winnebago+minnie

21 foot should be just right for three.
It should be, but none of the 21 footers seem to have sleeping arrangements for 3. I re-read the OP's post and they have a 16 y/o boy and 10 y/o girl. I doubt they'd want to share beds.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
And I know the perfect short camper for a 3/4-ton truck. Good sleeping arrangements, decent living arrangements, and only a few negatives:

Just sadly, it's not real!
You know, now that I look that over, I think you're on to something here!!! I think you'd have to change from a Murphy bed to a tri-fold or similar, though. The Murphy bed sits behind the couch, and the couch therefore couldn't sit all the way back against the wall. BUT, I can't imagine someone can't design a couch that would turn into a bed that is comfortable utilizing maybe a 6" memory foam mattress. Maybe even a futon with a really great memory foam cushion??? You could have overhead cabinets over the sink area and possibly some space over the entertainment center. Give an option for the bunk over the table or overhead cabinets. Also, have an option for either 2 or 3 bunks in the rear. The bottom/floor bunk could be optioned as a large slideout drawer on ball bearings for the 1/3 or so toward the middle of the camper with a large exterior storage door on the rear or side to access the rest. The lower portion of the linen closet would likely have to house the inverter toward the inside and the water heater on the outside, so it might have to be widened slightly to accommodate those. The heater could be in the lower portion of the large rear wardrobe utilizing floor ducting. Also include outside storage doors behind the dinette and on each side at the front like the Rockwood. I think that about has it worked out. Who do we contact to get production started???
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #23

Oh yeah. And install axles and tires that give you an additional 1K capacity OVER GVWR- and maybe the tires could even have a name of a real company on them, like Goodyear or Maxxis!!!!
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #24
Always Learning

Since we've sufficiently hijacked this thread, let's move over to another thread:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post737487

Tags
hybrid, pop up