RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2018, 04:47 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
heavynlori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,422
Because that jacknife sofa opens to a so-called bed = more sleeping capacity instead of just a reclining loveseat that technically is not a bed
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:53 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 5,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Because that jacknife sofa opens to a so-called bed = more sleeping capacity instead of just a reclining loveseat that technically is not a bed
True,,, but most folks could sleep there !!!
And probably very well !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:33 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
rp53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Jonesborough
Posts: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
True,,, but most folks could sleep there !!!
And probably very well !!!
have you ever tried sleepin on one ? they are not very comfortable i have been searching for a year for something i can replace ours with
__________________
2017 Micro Lite 21FBRS (sold)
2019 GMC Sierra 2500 HD extra cab Z71
looking for the perfect 5er over the winter
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #44
Kanadian Kamper
 
kenandterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,218
have you ever tried sleeping on one? Not very comfortable......are you kiddin?

Iíve had to rent a video several times before I actually got to watch it because Iíd put the movie in....start it up....recline the Lazy Boy....and the next thing I know....theyíre running the credits and the movie is over.
__________________

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S with Trekker cap
and only rarely pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:56 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
rp53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Jonesborough
Posts: 922
I think we are talking about the jackknife sofa not Lazy Boy, i to have slept in my lazy boy at home they are comfortable
__________________
2017 Micro Lite 21FBRS (sold)
2019 GMC Sierra 2500 HD extra cab Z71
looking for the perfect 5er over the winter
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 5,965
That is where the wife goes when I start snoring !!!
She has also gone there when her CHF fires up and she has trouble breathing !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:38 AM   #47
Kanadian Kamper
 
kenandterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,218
Wolverine.....

Iím not sure what youíre definition is but.....

On these forums, CHF usually stands for a suspension modification to the F53 chassis found under Ford powered motorhomes.

Just sayiní
__________________

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S with Trekker cap
and only rarely pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:03 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 5,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Wolverine.....

Iím not sure what youíre definition is but.....

On these forums, CHF usually stands for a suspension modification to the F53 chassis found under Ford powered motorhomes.

Just sayiní
Well in this house CHF stands for Congestive Heart Failure !!!
I kinda thought someone might ask what I meant !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:05 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Hollywoodgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 154
Very nice ...I love the dinette because I like to set at a table and put my computer on it etc. However my wife has a foot problem and her feet can hurt in the evening if her feet are not up. Other than sitting in the bedroom which would nt be an option this would work great but you do loos a place to eat at? Then again you could put two poles on each side where you could swing a TV stand in front of you .

Very nice Idea !!!
Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:32 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
Tigger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: MD
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodgt View Post
Very nice ...I love the dinette because I like to set at a table and put my computer on it etc. However my wife has a foot problem and her feet can hurt in the evening if her feet are not up. Other than sitting in the bedroom which would nt be an option this would work great but you do loos a place to eat at? Then again you could put two poles on each side where you could swing a TV stand in front of you .

Very nice Idea !!!
Thanks for the idea about the poles and swinging TV stand. Iíve seen some recliners already have them attached. We originally thought to buy light weight tables that we could just store on the sides. Iíll have to do some googleing and see if they can be bought separately and how to attach them.
__________________
2010 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7l 4x4
2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22MLE
Andersen WDH
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:14 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Hollywoodgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
That is where the wife goes when I start snoring !!!
She has also gone there when her CHF fires up and she has trouble breathing !!!
Mine can go to the garage and bring down a bed and close the slider :-)
Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:23 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
Hollywoodgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
Thanks for the idea about the poles and swinging TV stand. Iíve seen some recliners already have them attached. We originally thought to buy light weight tables that we could just store on the sides. Iíll have to do some googleing and see if they can be bought separately and how to attach them.

You use two poles like they used for your table legs. Actually you could re-use them. Thne just make a table top maybe out of cedar there nice and light. Glue 1/2 boards so its like a 1 1/2 inches thick in the shape you want. Like a cutting board. Router out the pole sixe into the wood and that will allow it to pivot in front of you or to the side to get up.
Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #53
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
Recliners in place of dinette

When I purchased my 21QB from a friend he had removed the dinette and replaced it with kitchen chairs and a smaller table. We removed the chairs and installed these recliners. They came in 3 pieces for easy installation and are the most comfortable I've ever been in an RV, and we once had a 37" diesel pusher. I would recommend this for anyone who really wants to relax in the evening. Even with no slides these fully recline without totally blocking the walkway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Recliners in MH.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	167079  
Pearville 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Tigger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: MD
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearville 37 View Post
When I purchased my 21QB from a friend he had removed the dinette and replaced it with kitchen chairs and a smaller table. We removed the chairs and installed these recliners. They came in 3 pieces for easy installation and are the most comfortable I've ever been in an RV, and we once had a 37" diesel pusher. I would recommend this for anyone who really wants to relax in the evening. Even with no slides these fully recline without totally blocking the walkway.
Very nice indeed!
Maybe you can provide make, model number, and dimensions for others looking through this thread for ideas.
__________________
2010 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7l 4x4
2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22MLE
Andersen WDH
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:12 PM   #55
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
This is made by RecPro, this is the amazon link. These are shipped in separate boxes. Each base with back detached. Center console in another box. Easy to get through the door and easy to assemble.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...320_em_1p_0_im
Pearville 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:53 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
spidey1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 164
Do you miss the storage? One of the features I liked with the dinette is the additional storage and access from the outside. Currently we have the same storage with the drawers and use it alot
spidey1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:12 PM   #57
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: enid ok
Posts: 18
We had the mod done by the dealer, prior to taking delivery. You don't miss what you never had. We still have plenty of room behind the loveseat, and room on each side for a 3 drawer shelving unit, giving each of us a small table top. I had a class A motorhome for a number of years, and we would take extended trips with 4 kids. You figure out what you really need to cart around. In fact, so far we have never used all of the storage in the bedroom. Can't say enough about the luxury of reclining seats. We have taken mid day siestas without putting out the slide. There is a surprising amount of room back there, including space for a couple guitars and a small amplifier. Happy Trails
ronnieapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:19 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Tigger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: MD
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1972 View Post
Do you miss the storage? One of the features I liked with the dinette is the additional storage and access from the outside. Currently we have the same storage with the drawers and use it alot
We still have access from the outside into the storage area that was under the dinette. I can also access stuff by leaning over the top of the loveseats and reaching down. We keep electric cords, water hoses and other things that size back there. The smaller things that were in the dinette sliding drawers have now either found their way to another storage nook or taken out if not used. The loveseat console drawer has a few of those items now. So all-in-all we donít miss the sliding drawers and the comfort of the loveseats was well worth the cost and time.
__________________
2010 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7l 4x4
2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22MLE
Andersen WDH
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:31 PM   #59
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1972 View Post
Do you miss the storage? One of the features I liked with the dinette is the additional storage and access from the outside. Currently we have the same storage with the drawers and use it alot
As I saw another comment, we never had the dinnette so we don't miss the storage. The dinette had been removed by original owner.
Pearville 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:21 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 268
Question 2104S and 2109S

[QUOTE=Tigger1;1832003]We still have access from the outside into the storage area that was under the dinette.

Tigger1, do you know if your 2104S has the same slide out as a 2109S?

We have a 2109S on order, and I wanted to replaced the "couch" that comes in the slide with a set up like yours, very nice by the way or something more comfortable with higher backs on the seats.

I read where the slide out motor might be in the way on some models, thinking the 2104 and 2109 may have the same slide and was wondering if you ran into an issue with the slide motor...

Thanks!
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.