Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2018, 04:47 PM   #41

Because that jacknife sofa opens to a so-called bed = more sleeping capacity instead of just a reclining loveseat that technically is not a bed
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:53 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Because that jacknife sofa opens to a so-called bed = more sleeping capacity instead of just a reclining loveseat that technically is not a bed
True,,, but most folks could sleep there !!!
And probably very well !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:33 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
True,,, but most folks could sleep there !!!
And probably very well !!!
have you ever tried sleepin on one ? they are not very comfortable i have been searching for a year for something i can replace ours with
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #44
Kanadian Kamper

have you ever tried sleeping on one? Not very comfortable......are you kiddin?

I’ve had to rent a video several times before I actually got to watch it because I’d put the movie in....start it up....recline the Lazy Boy....and the next thing I know....they’re running the credits and the movie is over.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:56 PM   #45

I think we are talking about the jackknife sofa not Lazy Boy, i to have slept in my lazy boy at home they are comfortable
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #46

That is where the wife goes when I start snoring !!!
She has also gone there when her CHF fires up and she has trouble breathing !!!
Old 03-21-2018, 08:38 AM   #47
Kanadian Kamper

Wolverine.....

I’m not sure what you’re definition is but.....

On these forums, CHF usually stands for a suspension modification to the F53 chassis found under Ford powered motorhomes.

Just sayin’

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:03 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Wolverine.....

I’m not sure what you’re definition is but.....

On these forums, CHF usually stands for a suspension modification to the F53 chassis found under Ford powered motorhomes.

Just sayin’
Well in this house CHF stands for Congestive Heart Failure !!!
I kinda thought someone might ask what I meant !!!
Old 03-23-2018, 08:05 AM   #49

Very nice ...I love the dinette because I like to set at a table and put my computer on it etc. However my wife has a foot problem and her feet can hurt in the evening if her feet are not up. Other than sitting in the bedroom which would nt be an option this would work great but you do loos a place to eat at? Then again you could put two poles on each side where you could swing a TV stand in front of you .

Very nice Idea !!!
Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:32 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodgt View Post
Very nice ...I love the dinette because I like to set at a table and put my computer on it etc. However my wife has a foot problem and her feet can hurt in the evening if her feet are not up. Other than sitting in the bedroom which would nt be an option this would work great but you do loos a place to eat at? Then again you could put two poles on each side where you could swing a TV stand in front of you .

Very nice Idea !!!
Thanks for the idea about the poles and swinging TV stand. I’ve seen some recliners already have them attached. We originally thought to buy light weight tables that we could just store on the sides. I’ll have to do some googleing and see if they can be bought separately and how to attach them.
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:14 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
That is where the wife goes when I start snoring !!!
She has also gone there when her CHF fires up and she has trouble breathing !!!
Mine can go to the garage and bring down a bed and close the slider :-)
Old 03-26-2018, 10:23 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
Thanks for the idea about the poles and swinging TV stand. I’ve seen some recliners already have them attached. We originally thought to buy light weight tables that we could just store on the sides. I’ll have to do some googleing and see if they can be bought separately and how to attach them.

You use two poles like they used for your table legs. Actually you could re-use them. Thne just make a table top maybe out of cedar there nice and light. Glue 1/2 boards so its like a 1 1/2 inches thick in the shape you want. Like a cutting board. Router out the pole sixe into the wood and that will allow it to pivot in front of you or to the side to get up.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #53

Recliners in place of dinette

When I purchased my 21QB from a friend he had removed the dinette and replaced it with kitchen chairs and a smaller table. We removed the chairs and installed these recliners. They came in 3 pieces for easy installation and are the most comfortable I've ever been in an RV, and we once had a 37" diesel pusher. I would recommend this for anyone who really wants to relax in the evening. Even with no slides these fully recline without totally blocking the walkway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Recliners in MH.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	167079  
Pearville 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearville 37 View Post
When I purchased my 21QB from a friend he had removed the dinette and replaced it with kitchen chairs and a smaller table. We removed the chairs and installed these recliners. They came in 3 pieces for easy installation and are the most comfortable I've ever been in an RV, and we once had a 37" diesel pusher. I would recommend this for anyone who really wants to relax in the evening. Even with no slides these fully recline without totally blocking the walkway.
Very nice indeed!
Maybe you can provide make, model number, and dimensions for others looking through this thread for ideas.
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Old 04-03-2018, 04:12 PM   #55

This is made by RecPro, this is the amazon link. These are shipped in separate boxes. Each base with back detached. Center console in another box. Easy to get through the door and easy to assemble.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...320_em_1p_0_im
Old 06-05-2018, 03:53 PM   #56

Do you miss the storage? One of the features I liked with the dinette is the additional storage and access from the outside. Currently we have the same storage with the drawers and use it alot
spidey1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:12 PM   #57

We had the mod done by the dealer, prior to taking delivery. You don't miss what you never had. We still have plenty of room behind the loveseat, and room on each side for a 3 drawer shelving unit, giving each of us a small table top. I had a class A motorhome for a number of years, and we would take extended trips with 4 kids. You figure out what you really need to cart around. In fact, so far we have never used all of the storage in the bedroom. Can't say enough about the luxury of reclining seats. We have taken mid day siestas without putting out the slide. There is a surprising amount of room back there, including space for a couple guitars and a small amplifier. Happy Trails
ronnieapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:19 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1972 View Post
Do you miss the storage? One of the features I liked with the dinette is the additional storage and access from the outside. Currently we have the same storage with the drawers and use it alot
We still have access from the outside into the storage area that was under the dinette. I can also access stuff by leaning over the top of the loveseats and reaching down. We keep electric cords, water hoses and other things that size back there. The smaller things that were in the dinette sliding drawers have now either found their way to another storage nook or taken out if not used. The loveseat console drawer has a few of those items now. So all-in-all we don’t miss the sliding drawers and the comfort of the loveseats was well worth the cost and time.
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Old 06-05-2018, 06:31 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1972 View Post
As I saw another comment, we never had the dinnette so we don't miss the storage. The dinette had been removed by original owner.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:21 AM   #60

Question 2104S and 2109S

[QUOTE=Tigger1;1832003]We still have access from the outside into the storage area that was under the dinette.

Tigger1, do you know if your 2104S has the same slide out as a 2109S?

We have a 2109S on order, and I wanted to replaced the "couch" that comes in the slide with a set up like yours, very nice by the way or something more comfortable with higher backs on the seats.

I read where the slide out motor might be in the way on some models, thinking the 2104 and 2109 may have the same slide and was wondering if you ran into an issue with the slide motor...

Thanks!
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote