Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2019, 06:07 AM   #1

RV Life App for iPhone

Based on discussions I’ve seen here about RV friendly GPS devices, I am trying out the RV Life app for my second phase of my current trip. I already have an onboard GPS on the truck, and run Waze on my phone, but neither take into account RV specific concerns like prohibitions on trailers, bridge clearances, or propane carrying. Fortunately for me so far, I knew about the Taconic State Parkway, and the Hutchinson/Merritt Parkways, and the Tappen Zee Bridge, and avoided them.

I am using my free one-week trial for the subscription and will see how it goes. I’ll run Waze in the background to see how long it takes to align with the RV Life recommendations. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I don’t need another gadget (this from the ULTIMATE gadget freak). I’m hoping this app will do the job, especially for areas that I don’t have personal experience and knowledge. Stay tuned.
Past: 2018 Flagstaff MicroLite 21FBRS
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:16 AM   #2
Rookie

After reading post Abbott how much he liked the app, I downloaded it on my LG and stated playing around with it. Looks very promising. I'll be picking up my TT next month and have faith that this app/navigation will guide me in the right direction for my 10-12 hour trip home with it.