Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #1

Satellite TV

I know this has been asked a lot, but I can't seem to find the answers I need. My husband and I just bought a 2016 Blue Ridge 3715BH. It has 4 TV's. We have a King Tailgater satellite. I know you have to do some modifications to make the satellite work. We can make it work in the bedroom (the main TV with the amplifier), but can't figure out what to do for the other TV's to work on satellite. The cables are color coded, but not sure what cable goes to where. Any help would be appreciated.
tresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:01 AM   #2
I go RV'ing not Camping

Your tailgater looks similar to my Winegard Carryout. I have only been able to get it to work with 2 televisions so far. I have 3 tv's in my trailer.

To get it to work with 2 tv's you require 2 satellite receivers.

To get it to operate more Tv's you would have to split the Hdmi signal out of the receiver and run a Hdmi cable to each location and then you would only be able to watch the same channel on each of the TV's.

I believe the Automatic type satellite like the Winegard Traveller' can operate more tv's at the same time but at a way higher cost $1500 or so. This is the one that I am starting to consider as it seems like the easiest way to get all my tv's working.

Hope that helps,
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:53 PM   #3

We worked on it last night. I don't think it is possible to work the satellite on the other TV's without running another cable. We tried everything. We are going to our favorite place to camp this weekend. If we can pick up any channels through the antenna, we will be satisfied. I may have a Tailgater for sale!!
tresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:45 PM   #4

I have a king tailgater and have 2 TVs hooked up. Each TV has its own cable from the dish to a vip211z receiver. I hook one cable up to the outside satellite connector but need to run the other one directly to the receiver.
So a bit of a pain but it works. When I have some time i will set up a new outside connector for the 2nd TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2016, 01:42 PM   #5

This is one of the reasons that I did not buy the King Tailgater set up. Another reason is that the DISH people I talked to assured me that the Tailgater would not work as it should if I used more than 50 feet total of cable. They did tell me that the Tailgater would support two TV's but I would have to split the cable coming in with a special splitter just for Tailgaters. Considering the campgrounds that we visit all have tall trees they actually talked me into the new DISH Turbo dish set up. This DISH antenna has three LNB's and each one can support two TV's. Two TV's in my TT are enough. The system also has the somewhat new "Wally" receiver and I can tell a difference in picture quality vs. the old RV antenna or cable TV. They told me that IF I wanted to have DISH channels on the bunk room TV all I have to do is take the VIP 222K receiver from the house and use it in the bunk room.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite