Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2021, 03:12 PM   #1

Storage Tips

I thought I'd share a few "hacks" that I've done. These are all pretty easy to do.

Boat console nets from Amazon come in handy.

The first one is attached to the inside of the door to my underneath storage. I use it for tablecloths.

Name:   RV Storage 2.png
Views: 598
Size:  65.2 KB

This one is screwed into the subfloor at the top of the underneath storage. I used it for little loose items like zip ties, zelco straps, etc so that I don't have a bag or something taking up space where I want to stack larger items.

Name:   RV Storage 6.png
Views: 592
Size:  71.0 KB

This net is attached to the side wall of my underneath storage to hold wipes near where I have the sewer hose and such.

Name:   RV Storage 4.png
Views: 607
Size:  69.9 KB

I also like collapsable/swinging paper towel holders. The first one is attached to the inside of the door to my outside kitchen. It swings into place when I open it up. The second one is attached to the subfloor at the top of my underneath storage.

Name:   RV storage 1.png
Views: 599
Size:  55.8 KB

Name:   RV Storage 3.png
Views: 605
Size:  61.7 KB

Lastly, I like cuphooks. They work at the top of a compartment like in the subflooring or the sides, like in this case in my outdoor kitchen.

Name:   RV Storage 5.png
Views: 590
Size:  65.4 KB
RockwoodTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:39 AM   #2
Always Learning

Great work! I tried drilling into my storage hatch door and 2 of the 4 holes went straight through. Sad day.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:46 AM   #3

Yeah, I measured the screw length first. I also found that the material in the storage doors doesn't always allow for a good grip with a screw.
RockwoodTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 12:15 AM   #4

Good ideas! Thanks for sharing!
Tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage