The iPhone is a nice tool to have and can provide a wealth of information. You can set it up for almost any emergency as I have reported on in another post.
Today I would like to share something new I have learned about stopping the crazy rings, by TEXT or an unwanted local neighbor wanting to make you a deal from some island operation. HAHA.
First, let's address Blocking unwanted calls.
The RING looks like a local call and you step out of a meeting to take the call. It's nothing and you want to stop these disruptive calls.
HOW TO SETUP THE BLOCK,
1. GO INTO SETTINGS and CLICK ON "DO NOT DISTURB"
Now you can set up a scheduled time when you want to BLOCK and you will soon learn there are many OPTIONS to BLOCKING A CALL.
2. ALLOW CALLS FROM ALL CONTACTS. Now anyone not on your contacts list can call, but your phone will not ring. At a time of your choosing, you can go into your RECENT calls and review them. Now when you find a number, with NO MESSAGE. tip the little "I" on the right nest to the number and a contact screen will appear. PAN down to the bottom and select "BLOCK THIS CALLER"
HOW TO BLOCK A TEXTED MESSAGE
This tip is for iPhones only.
1. So the TEXT message arrives in MESSAGES and you click to VIEW. The iPhone Rings and shows a TEXT message "654-67" and a message unwanted by you. Now the number will appear something like the one shown above or you will see all ten numbers.
2. LOOK Close on the second screen at the number on top and to the right, you will see a little arrow something like. "645-67>" This little arrow is the key to stopping the ring.
3. Now I have BIG hands but even I could click on that little arrow >. Once you do three little ICONS will appear under the Number. Look close at the "I" for (INFO) on the right and click.
4. Now, this next screen will let you do two things. TURN OFF AUDIO alerts. Or click next to the name or NUMBER another little > arrow. This will take you to a CONTACT screen.
5. Once on the contact screen of the NUMBER or CALLER. PAN Down to the bottom and click on "BLOCK THIS CALLER"
Also, the following may be useful as well
In TEXT MESSAGES YOU CAN SEND A SINGLE WORD with lots of meaning:
Give them a try!
Please let me know if this has changed your life. haha joking or let me know you like or did not like Thanks.
Now, this you may like or NOT. I once had to call APPLE to have them remotely go inside my iPhone to fix the problem. But you may have another issue the local iPhone store can not help you with on your iPhone. Here is the iPhone 800 APPLE HELP number: 800-694-7466