Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2018, 06:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Did you take the time to set the thermostat as suggested?

Sure did. I looked at every suggestion offered here.

Same.

Thanks. R
RSW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by koller1509 View Post
For now you can just turn off the breaker for the ac until you get it figured out. It does sound like the t-stat is stuck in manual mode.
Thanks.

Funny you mention that. The Chief service tech I spoke with has the same concerns. Going to have a tech come look at it or I drive it there (dealer is an hour from my house).

Appreciate your suggestion! R
Old 03-14-2018, 06:41 PM   #23

Thermostat/Furnace

Last fall, I thought I had the same problem. I just shut off both furnace and AC. This spring, it persisted. I set the fan to auto and everything worked as designed. It worked for me, maybe not you.
thawk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:02 PM   #24
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSW3 View Post
I don't have the time to read thousands of forums, and since I'm new here, I haven't.

Thanks for the help.

R
Evidently you don't have time to read the documentation that came with the RV either.

Others have suggested to you how to change the fan from High or Low to Auto. Maybe you need to re-initialize the thermostat. The following documents will explain how to do it depending on which thermostat you have.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Hm...

I wonder why freezing cold air is coming from AC vents then, when it is on ‘Heat’

??
Maybe this is a hint:

"I tried to run the furnace today (it was cold!)"

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #26

Thermostat/Furnace - New Guy

So you have the the thermostat set to heat and auto fan and the ac is still running? [emoji848]
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:49 PM   #27

The AC air will come from the ceiling and the heat from the floor. Do you have 2 AC's if so do you can cut #2 zone off and zone 1 will have the heater on the thermostat.
wcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcrafter View Post
The AC air will come from the ceiling and the heat from the floor. Do you have 2 AC's if so do you can cut #2 zone off and zone 1 will have the heater on the thermostat.

Per op’s original post: It’s a 230bhxl, pretty sure it would only have one ac unit
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:36 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
Evidently you don't have time to read the documentation that came with the RV either.

Others have suggested to you how to change the fan from High or Low to Auto. Maybe you need to re-initialize the thermostat. The following documents will explain how to do it depending on which thermostat you have.

I read every single manual.

Thanks
Old 03-14-2018, 08:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
So you have the the thermostat set to heat and auto fan and the ac is still running? [emoji848]

Yes sir. That is absolutely what is happening.

Appreciate the help Sir.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Maybe this is a hint:

"I tried to run the furnace today (it was cold!)"
Yes, it was chilly.

I ran it for over 30 minutes to test and assure the cool air would flush out of vents...nope, it was refrigerated air.

Thanks,

R
Old 03-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #32

Quote:
Thanks.
Please do not take all of the responses (some maybe) as an attack. There are several members that have responded with good insight and experience to your trouble.

I do not know your rig and the electronics attached to it. Pictures help folks decide if they even know about it (Thermostat and interior AC controls). Thus you may get common and accurate responses to an issue that may or not not apply to your circumstances.

Please keep communicating this issue and ignore the detractors. Myself, I would like to learn about this.

Welcome to the internet, "the great unwashed". The overall plan here, is to be nice so that those folks with the whiskers will take the time to reach out...
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:57 PM   #33
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Please do not take all of the responses (some maybe) as an attack. There are several members that have responded with good insight and experience to your trouble.

Please keep communicating this issue and ignore the detractors. Myself, I would like to learn about this.

Welcome to the internet, "the great unwashed". The overall plan here, is to be nice so that those folks with the whiskers will take the time to reach out...
X2^^^^ Let us know what you discover as it may help others with similar problems later on.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:01 PM   #34
Just as confused as you

Have you tried to re-initialize the thermostat as outlined on page 3 of the manual?

System Initialization
A system initialization will need to be performed by the installer after
the system is installed.
• Make sure the Single Zone LCD thermostat is in the Off condition.
See page 4, “Quick Reference To Control Buttons”.
• Press the “+” button and, while holding it, also press and hold
the On/Off Mode button for three seconds. LCD will show
― ― . Press the On/Off Mode button again to turn system off.
This completes the initialization.
The furnace On/Off temperature differential should be set at this time.
See “Mode Description - Furnace” on page 9 for further information
on furnace mode differential setting.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:04 PM   #35

I’ve noticed from time to time on this forum that some have a hard time acknowledging that you may actually have a problem with your tt and not your ability to operate the heating system.

In over 40 years of troubleshooting everything from cars to motorcycles to industrial heating and cooling systems to computers and PLC controllers to sewage pumps and everything in between, I’ve seen several things that “can’t happen” actually did happen.

I could bore everyone with many stories but the one that comes to mind was in our home. I installed central A/C and it worked fine for one day. The second day, the A/C started running and after a while I noticed it was getting warmer not cooler. I found the furnace and A/C we’re both running. My first thought was “How could I have screwed up this bad?”. The problem turned out to be the wire from the thermostat to the furnace was shorted. Probably a metal Romex staple installed by the original heating contractor. I couldn’t pull the wire out so I ran a new one through the wall. The furnace and the A/C “can’t run at the same time”, but they did.

You may be doing something wrong, but you may have a real problem with the wiring or a circuit board or the thermostat. I hope a tech can track it down for you. Good luck and let us know what you find.

2017 Rockwood 2703WS - Sold
2015 Keystone Sprinter 333FWFLS
2017 F250, 6.2 Gas, 3.73 Axle, 2902 lb Payload
If women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy!
andymil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:18 PM   #36
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymil View Post
I’ve noticed from time to time on this forum that some have a hard time acknowledging that you may actually have a problem with your tt and not your ability to operate the heating system.

In over 40 years of troubleshooting everything from cars to motorcycles to industrial heating and cooling systems to computers and PLC controllers to sewage pumps and everything in between, I’ve seen several things that “can’t happen” actually did happen.

I could bore everyone with many stories but the one that comes to mind was in our home. I installed central A/C and it worked fine for one day. The second day, the A/C started running and after a while I noticed it was getting warmer not cooler. I found the furnace and A/C we’re both running. My first thought was “How could I have screwed up this bad?”. The problem turned out to be the wire from the thermostat to the furnace was shorted. Probably a metal Romex staple installed by the original heating contractor. I couldn’t pull the wire out so I ran a new one through the wall. The furnace and the A/C “can’t run at the same time”, but they did.

You may be doing something wrong, but you may have a real problem with the wiring or a circuit board or the thermostat. I hope a tech can track it down for you. Good luck and let us know what you find.
I think the problem everyone has is OP never says what steps were taken until asked several times by several people. For instance, he never said he tried switching the fan speed to "AU" (auto) until post 21. Just like he has not said if he re-initialized the system. There has been other threads in the forums where people have had to do both.

Unless he gives details on what he has tried, people trying to help are just guessing to what the solution is.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:23 PM   #37

Since I don't know I have to ask. Is the A/C in this trailer a heat pump system?
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:03 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Since I don't know I have to ask. Is the A/C in this trailer a heat pump system?
I looked at the brochure on-line and it does not list a heat pump as standard or an option, so I'm guessing the OPs unit doesn't have a heat pump. It also doesn't have a 2nd AC. You can get unducted AC as standard or ducted AC as an option.

I found a long view pic of the thermostat in a similar unit at this RV dealers website:

https://www.bentsrv.com/rv/2018-FORE...E-230BHXL-4395

It appears to be a Dometic like this one:

The ducted units seem to have the Dometic T-stat above. The unducted units seem to have the old standard Suburban analog, which would make sense as it would only control the furnace.

I will be very surprised if his AC compressor is actually running.

On another RV dealers website I found a pic of the underside (inside) of the AC unit, but could not make out the brand.

See here: https://www.longviewrv.com/product/n...bhxl-830622-29

T-stat in pic #14/15 and AC in pic #20.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:22 PM   #39

Maybe one of the kids left the door open.
Mslaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:25 PM   #40

I would not rule out a miswired t-stat. Op seems pretty adamant that the A/C is running. As an electrician, I have in fact found A/C running with the heat strip on. High dollar electric bills. So yes, the OP may know what he is talking about.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, thermostat