Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2018, 11:52 AM   #61
Just as confused as you

The OP hasn't told us which model of thermostat he has. This is where a picture of his thermostat will make a world of difference in the help he receives. That is why just about everyone Dometic makes has been covered.

From what I've read on Dometic's website the one in the videos was originally made as a repair replacement for a discontinued model. Which also included replacing the control box up in the ac unit. It seems somewhere along the line RV manufacturers started putting that thermostat in at the assembly line.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:08 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo View Post
I am SO glad the OP is having this problem.

Uuuuuuuuuuh...thanks?

RSW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:08 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
The OP hasn't told us which model of thermostat he has. This is where a picture of his thermostat will make a world of difference in the help he receives. That is why just about everyone Dometic makes has been covered.

From what I've read on Dometic's website the one in the videos was originally made as a repair replacement for a discontinued model. Which also included replacing the control box up in the ac unit. It seems somewhere along the line RV manufacturers started putting that thermostat in at the assembly line.

Yes, it is Dometic.

Thanks,

R
Old 03-16-2018, 04:39 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSW3 View Post
Uuuuuuuuuuh...thanks?

He just meant he's glad he's not alone.

You've been asked a lot of questions. I'd like to see the answers, to know how to help. Let us know the answers to these questions.......and I bet we can figure it out.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:05 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
He just meant he's glad he's not alone.

You've been asked a lot of questions. I'd like to see the answers, to know how to help. Let us know the answers to these questions.......and I bet we can figure it out.

Ahhhhhhhh. Got it
Old 03-16-2018, 07:14 PM   #66
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSW3 View Post
Yes, it is Dometic.

Thanks,

R
That is the manufacturer, not the model. Dometic makes several different models of thermostats as well as different models of AC's. Post a picture of the thermostat.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #67

The OP, I first thought he was offended by all of the static that come from everyone chiming in. It happens on a public forum, folks, for the most part want to help. Sometimes the response is good or just useless.
I now lean to the side that says, the OP is a waste of time...

Edit: I am sorry, I should not look for approval...
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:24 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
I now lean to the side that says, the OP is a waste of time...
Holy moly.

Thanks guys.

Cheers.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:29 PM   #69

RSW3:

I think there's a lot of frustration that we've asked you a number of questions, and you have not provided the answers.

Very frustrating to try to help someone when they don't bother to respond to suggestions and questions.

As I stated back in Post #50:
"To the folks taking us all to task, I would point out that the OP still hasn't told us what make/model of thermostat he has. He still hasn't told us make/model of his AC and furnace. He really hasn't given us very much info at all, other than the furnace and AC seem to be running together, which sounds like classic thermostat fan setting, and that he's 'done what we suggested,' which doesn't really tell us EXACTLY what he's done or how he did it.

There needs to be a TWO-WAY flow of communication."

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:40 PM   #70

My response is based on your cherry picking of posts to respond to. Several attempts to offer help based on questions to you have been ignored. Each of you responses to posts with a question has not been answered but with a minimal to non reply that mean nothing other than to stroke those that are actually offering help.

I think you are the definition of a Troll. It will not take long for you to be discovered.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:14 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
RSW3:

I think there's a lot of frustration that we've asked you a number of questions, and you have not provided the answers.

Very frustrating to try to help someone when they don't bother to respond to suggestions and questions.

As I stated back in Post #50:
"To the folks taking us all to task, I would point out that the OP still hasn't told us what make/model of thermostat he has. He still hasn't told us make/model of his AC and furnace. He really hasn't given us very much info at all, other than the furnace and AC seem to be running together, which sounds like classic thermostat fan setting, and that he's 'done what we suggested,' which doesn't really tell us EXACTLY what he's done or how he did it.

There needs to be a TWO-WAY flow of communication."

Understood.

I’m a busy guy and I don’t open up my trailer every day. Heck, I haven’t even taken it anywhere yet.

I did address some of the suggestions afformentioned and no, no improvement.

My friend (master HVAC tech and electrician) is due to come out this weekend. I’m confident he can figure it out. I also have open dialogs with both the dealer and FR.

Hope this closes the loop a bit.

R
Old 03-17-2018, 09:55 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
That is a pretty good straight forward explanation on how to use that thermostat. I have the same one in my trailer and hate it.

The issue is there are 2 separate forced hot air systems working off a single thermostat. Separate thermostats would solve most of the problems. Or somehow indicate that the high/low fans speed setting is for the A/C fan. Trying to make the system convenient has made it more complicated and less convenient.
So glad our TT is a few years old and still has the combined controls that uses those little sliders and switches to set heat, ac, fan controls, temperature etc. Never had a problem with it working or figuring how it works. Pretty simple separate switches for each of the heat, AC and fan. On\Off\Auto. Want heat, put it on Auto, fan on auto, and AC to off, set the Temp walk away. Same with the AC, just turn heat to off, fan on auto, set temp. If you want just fan, Heat and AC off, fan on. Seems those digital controls may look nice, but just complicate things.
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:35 AM   #73

So did the Master HVAC and Electrician look at your unit last weekend? What were the results?
Old 03-20-2018, 08:56 AM   #74
Just as confused as you

I'm curious, too. It would be nice if the OP came back with the solution the HVAC tech found. Not only would it help someone else with the same problem, it would let those trying to help know if they were on the correct path to the solution.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:12 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
I'm curious, too. It would be nice if the OP came back with the solution the HVAC tech found. Not only would it help someone else with the same problem, it would let those trying to help know if they were on the correct path to the solution.
He was pretty active in this. I'm sure he'll be back. The last post was only 4 days ago.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:23 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
He was pretty active in this. I'm sure he'll be back. The last post was only 4 days ago.
Read post #71
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:39 PM   #77

Car 54 where are you?
Old 03-21-2018, 03:53 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo View Post
Car 54 where are you?
He was online last night but no updates. Even if it did end up being user-error I hope he'd know he's safe to come back and say so, we all make mistakes.

And if it weren't user-error then it will be useful info for anyone else that ends up running into a similar problem that isn't fixed by settings or a reinitialization.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:19 PM   #79

Thermostat/Furnace - New Guy

Ya I’ll be curious to hear what it was. I have always believed that the std ac and furnace in most rvs are two completely separate systems, joined only by the thermostat. Which leads me to believe that the issue could only be one of three possibilities.

1 incorrectly wired thermostat

2 faulty thermostat

3 user program error(such as manual fan mode instead of automatic)
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:08 AM   #80
Road Trippin

Easy check...disconnect from shore power. Make sure generator is turned off. Turn on heater. Heater will run on batteries. Your AC won't but the fan will. If it sounds like the AC is on but your not connected to power I Guarantee your AC is not on.

Your probably just blowing cold air in from outside. The AC sucks air in with the fan.
pismolocal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, thermostat