Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #1

Trailer dolly

Greetings to all,

Does any one have any experience with the parkit 360? I've bought one based on their video presentations. Based on what I've seen , I was impressed with their design and operation. They use a 12v system which elimintes the high voltage cord the others use. I've called them twice and spoke with the owner/designer, a very plesent fellow named Steve, each time.

They have a number of ways to connect the trailer to the dolly, one uses a ball mount system another is with the jack shaft. because of the design of the hitch on my rockwood (model8315BSS) it seems that the jack shaft connection is the way to go, and therein lies my question.

I know not to use the electric stabelizer jacks to lift or level the trailer, but once the stabelizers are down can they support the hitch weight (814#) of the trailer if the tounge jack is raised off the ground momentarily while it is inserted into the reciever of the dolly?

Any thoughts and advise will be greatly appreaciated.

Many thanks, Roy
RDPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

If they are the scissor style stabilizers, yes they will support the tongue weight , as most of the scissor style are rated at 3,000 pounds each, or higher. You can always use a floor jack, or screw jack under the tongue for extra safety margin.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I would be a little concerned about using the jack shaft. That puppy is manufactured for pressure up and down, but it looks entirely too flimsy to be moving an 8000 lb. trailer around. But that is just me.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #4

I have also purchased 1 of their units but I won't get to use it until this spring. I would not use it on the jack shaft due to the size and weight of your trailer. They do sell a universal hitch adapter that would work similar to what you are trying to do. You already dropped a pile of cash for this, whats another $120 or so. You could probably make it for quite a bit less. I purchased mine with the 1.5 hp motor and the upgraded tires. $1600 this thing better work
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
Flagstaff 625D Popup

Let us know how they work.
Right now I have to winch my trailer into the garage for winter storage. If I had one of these I could put it in there after every trip.

Bean
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #6

I will report on how it works when I get a chance to use it. I used to have a 30ft 5th wheel that we put in our seasonal site and it was very tight to get it around the corner and into the site. Our new trailer is a TT and there is now way I would be able to back it around that corner. Hopefully the ParkIt360 will be the answer.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #7

trailer doll

Thanks for the input. I'm with you concerning the jacks, mine are not what I would consider scissors, I'm going to block it then raise the jack. the lateral forces shouldn't be to great as the grade is very level. I have the hitch adapter but the way F.R. designed the hitch on the trailer it angles up about 3/8" which causes the adapter to assume that angle instead of remaining perpendicular to the ground. Steve, the owner/designer of the 360 told me his does the same thing and the tounge jack doesn't suffer. He did stress that the jack should be lowered so the frame just clears the wheels of the dolly. This will keep the lever action on the jack to a minimum. I plan to fabricate a tapered "donut" shim so I can use the trailer hitch connection in the future but right now DW wants the TT moved before the snow flies. I'm glad to hear someone else operates on my time frame as well. I bought my dolly at the end of october its now the middle of January and I still haven't moved anything with it.
I think I watched every trailer dolly video on the internet and this fellow Steve had the best design, it should make moving your trailer alot easier than with a winch. its geared very low so you're not going to break any speed records but they claim it will hold on a slight grade without using the trailer brakes.
RDPRO is offline   Reply With Quote