Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #1

TV Antenna help

Hello Everyone,

Hubby and I are new to RVing. Hope to soon be FT traverlers in our Cardinal bumper pull. We want to put a self-aligning satellite on roof but are not connected with either Dish or Direct TV. So dish needs to move and pick up satellites such as G4, X4, not just the DISH or Dir TV birds.
We have no concept of what to look for and are becoming more confused as we search.

Can anyone recommend a good source of information: an article, a book, a company??

Thank you for all your help and experience...

Also, hope to meet lots of you at a ralley this spring.

J & J
hisword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #2

i'm only firmiliar with two automatic ones for stationary use: winguard travler(?) and the dish tailgator. the tailgator is dedicated to dish network and will receive 110, 119, and 129. it requires the dish 211k receiver. dish sells the combination for $500.
the winguard has switches inside to set it for direct tv or dish...i don't think there is any other option. believe the dish alone is abt $700.
unless someone else has any ideas, u may have to go to one u set up with a remote control ie u roatate it to the sat u want.

there are some that u can use while in motion. that may give u the choices u want even though u are going to be stationary.

i have the tailgator. there have been several campgrounds that trees would have prevented use of one mounted on my roof.

i will be at the nat rally in Branson this late summer. have a conflict for the one coming up.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna