Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2016, 08:14 PM   #21

I had our old camper set up with a 12v plug by the bed for my machine. I got a new machine in December and have not set up the new camper yet. I kept my old machine (had it checked) which still works fine and plan to add a 12v plug to the new Wildwood. My first mod was two deep cycle batteries and a master switch.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:57 AM   #22
Bae

Below is a link to Resmed's battery guide. It will show how long each of the machines run and with what type of battery at different settings, also which ones will work with inverts and the size inverter required.

http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documen...de_glo_eng.pdf

18 nights planned so far in Michigan 2019
11 night planned in Georgia 2019
4 nights boon docking Kentucky 2019
Bae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian Ed View Post
As a couple of people have already mentioned getting a 12v DC power supply for your cpap is the way to go for boondocking. Mine was $84 from CPAP.COM. Included free shipping. I have an Airsense 10 unit. The supply I purchased is from the manufacturer of my CPAP so I was very comfortable it was ok for my unit. I have a DC power supply in my bedroom of my 5'er. If you don't have one wiring one would be easy and cheap (especially compared to an inverter). You do need a battery that will not go dead on you overnight from the drain of your CPAP. It is not a lot of draw but with a numidifier it might be hard on a single low end 12 volt battery. I have 2 trojan 6 volts in series and have no issues.

I was considering the inverter but when it came down to it, my CPAP and TV were the only things i needed it for. With the CPAP taken care of I feel like no way am I working that hard to have a TV when I am out boondocking in nature.
Thanks for posting this info. I too have the Airsense 10 and thought I was out of luck since it runs on 24 volts. I didn't realize they make a converter that will go from 12 to 24 vots.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:59 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bae View Post
Below is a link to Resmed's battery guide. It will show how long each of the machines run and with what type of battery at different settings, also which ones will work with inverts and the size inverter required.

http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documen...de_glo_eng.pdf
Thanks for posting this. Lots of good info here. I see I can get a converter for my unit and without the humidifier it will draw only half an amp.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote