Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2021, 08:56 PM   #41
Steve from Maine

UPS was a challenging place to work for 35 years. It kept me in shape and had great benefits and pay and allowed me to retire early.

I guess you learn by doing. I remodeled my house myself... sheet rock, rearranged walls, installed doors and windows, did my own electrical, installed my pellet and wood stoves, masonry, put down hardwood floors, garage doors etc. I bought my own naphtha torch stuff to do my own plumbing lately to redo my water service.
I do almost of my mechanical work on my vehicles and was a motorcycle and snowmobile mechanic. Service my own scuba gear, computers, change lcd screens on cameras. Whatever it takes I guess.
I do use Youtube a lot to figure things out though. I love tips and advice to be informed and plan my path.
That's why I like this forum and the community.
Happy travels!
10CU.F GE dc only fridge
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2008 Yamaha WR250R
jaudet71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 10:34 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewold View Post
Isn't the storage space in RV's is calculated to match the amount of weight the unit is rated to haul if packed full. which is why cabinets, drawers, and cupboard's are smaller

The number of cabinets and amount of storage space is calculated by a tightly balanced equation that weighs the cost of building cabinets with the likelihood that a prospective buyer will be impressed enough to buy it. Put no more effort into building the RV than what it takes to sell it.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:18 AM   #43
Pop-up refugee

"Wasted space" to them has more to do with how many more drawer fronts and cabinet doors they can fit in the front space, and nothing to do with using the volume behind them.

Look at the little drawers: one that uses all the space available can only be used in a very limited number of floorplans, while a drawer that isn't even long enough to fit a spatula can be churned out by the hundreds and slapped in anywhere once it has the right colored face.
Relaxin in the woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 10:53 AM   #44

I had a similar experience in my FR Xlite 174bh. There is nice cubby to the right of the furnace, under the large ward. The panel screws out easily. I couldn’t believe it was a perfectly usable empty space. Thanks for sharing your great find and modifications.
2019 Toyota Highlander
CSFOLKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 10:22 PM   #45

Yes , You are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
I'm curious what Forest River brand your RV is. I'm amazed how much space is wasted inside some RV cabinets. Some brands do better than others, but they all seem to need some shelves or drawers added. It like they do just enough carpentry to get a unit sold, but it's really not quite done yet.
---------------------
Each owner has to look at there own trailer to see how it was built. It is an experience for one to be hold..(I have found 3 places where drawers could be added).Some owners will not look to see what's available. On the other hand some will look and see how terrible these units are constructed and make repairs or alterations to suit them selves as most have.. These are not Diamonds in the ruff, rather the Ruff to be made into Diamonds. Hoping your outcome is good....
Old 02-17-2021, 07:13 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Honda View Post
---------------------
Each owner has to look at there own trailer to see how it was built. It is an experience for one to be hold..(I have found 3 places where drawers could be added).Some owners will not look to see what's available. On the other hand some will look and see how terrible these units are constructed and make repairs or alterations to suit them selves as most have.. These are not Diamonds in the ruff, rather the Ruff to be made into Diamonds. Hoping your outcome is good....

You are being way to kind. Just saying.
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink, storage