Old 07-30-2019, 10:15 PM   #21

Never considered bacteria in the filter . I leave mine attached to the hose ,coil it all up and screw the ends together to keep the water from getting out and dirty stuff from getting in and put it in the storage compartment . If bacteria can get in the filter what about the hose? Do you put the hose in fridge too ?

Sfgoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:02 AM   #22
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfgoble View Post
Never considered bacteria in the filter . I leave mine attached to the hose ,coil it all up and screw the ends together to keep the water from getting out and dirty stuff from getting in and put it in the storage compartment . If bacteria can get in the filter what about the hose? Do you put the hose in fridge too ?
I soak mine in formaldehyde.

benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #23

I was told always have it in a working fridge. Added working so ppl don't assume the RV fridge while disconnected...
Mizterusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #24

After going down the 'have to have a water filter system' rabbit hole for years, all my filters are permanently stored in a landfill somewhere.
So much happier without all that mess.
And if you don't store them correctly, they can make you sick, which is what you are trying to prevent.
We just got tired of the replacement cost (especially since retiring and using them constantly), the PITA of setup and tear down, the gradual loss of water flow as they aged, and maintenance in general. And I'm not convinced they actually did much of anything.
Have been filter free for four years now!!! Yay!!! I realize my filter free approach is not for everyone, but it has sure worked for us.

Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, water, water filter