Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #1

Whaddya do if......

As I stand back and admire my new 2304s Rockwood Ultralite, and revel at how easy it is to raise and lower my power jack, I wondered what on earth I would do if, like so many other power items, it ceased to function. I retreated into my coach and pored through the bundle of warrantys and instruction pamphlet. Not a thing on the power jack. Does anyone know if there is a manual alternative to raising and lowering one's hitch if there is now power? I await input before I find myself powerless.
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #2

You should see a plug on the top of the jack. Pop it off and use the supplied crank handle to raise/lower the jack as needed.

John

Probably not your unit, but, the instructions should be about the same...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RVTJ Owners Manual.pdf (406.4 KB, 59 views)
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
Site Team

During the PDI I was shown how to use the crank handle just in case. I asked for the paperwork before heading home with the new TT. Upon arrival at the storage place the electric jack did not work.

As I went through my paperwork there were a couple of other things that I didn't have paperwork for like the anti-swag bar and spring bars. I called the service dept. and ask to get them. While they usually discard the papers but since they sell the items regularly it wasn't hard to get a copy. Of course it's a bit surprising that they just don't give you the papers to start with. The paperwork came in handy when I was seeking help from someone not familar with RVs.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #4

Depending on the brand of your power jack, the manual crank system may be as simple as the correct size socket (maybe an extended one) that you use with your own ratchet wrench.

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
Site Team

your dealer should have covered that during the PDI.

like others said, should be a crank supplied.
also, should be an instruction manual for it.
if not, go to the manufacturer's website for one.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #6

thx john and all the others. rubber grommet at top of jack reveals the crank nut, and found an extra crank handle. same size as leveling jacks. hope i never have to use it. great website to pick up all the things they dont tell you on the orientation. still have not found the manual slide opener. no indication on the chassis opposite slide of any acccess. i will try to contact forest river. also hope i never have to use it if and when i do find it.
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote