Old 02-28-2020, 04:55 PM   #41

This has been a very helpful thread. Thanks!
VR51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:53 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Al View Post
Cedar Rapids Lodge has a golf course . I teed off at day break & had to chase the deer & rabbits off the course! If the local Lodge is next to the RV park you have a friendly bar to get local recommendations for dinner etc.

At least you didn't run into Bear or Rattlesnakes on the course like I used to see at Arrowhead in Colorado.

The Bears would often bed down in the brush next to some of the greens and the Rattlesnakes would hang out in the bunkers on the warm sand.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:18 PM   #43

Thank you for all the information, I now have a TT camp pass 2 zone and my first reservation in Lake of the springs in April. Since I am in Nebraska I will camp my way there using the Allstays App.
I will hit up the Elks next week.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:42 AM   #44

Travelers plus

The membership is around $79 a year and there are lots of campgrounds that are $10 - $15 per night.

We also have good sam, and their roadside assistance. Our tv broke down on a trip last year and good Sam's towed the truck, but wouldn't tow my 5er because we were able to get off the highway into a parking lot. I paid to tow the trailer home, then submitted a claim with a screenshot of their website saying they tow the trailer also, and they paid the claim. Of course I would have been happier if they had just towed the trailer to start with.
dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 06:54 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by garywilson View Post
Federal 'America the Beautiful' if staying at COE or National Parks. If you are old enough, 1/2 price for camping, no additional charge for day pass, boat ramp.
x2. Went to Carlsbad Caverns last year and paid nada, zip, zilch.

Safe and happy travels.
Days camped 2017: 7
Days camped 2018: 15
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:00 AM   #46

Passport America will save us over $200 on reservations I've made for the season, and that's net, given the low annual cost. This includes CG's in Maryland, western Pennsylvania, and Arkansas. This is a return trip to the PA campground (Hickory Hollow) and we found it to be lovely - wish we'd had the Passport then.
Old 02-29-2020, 09:15 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
x2. Went to Carlsbad Caverns last year and paid nada, zip, zilch.

Safe and happy travels.
You Quoted a member that stated they got 1/2 price Camping at National Parks! You said you paid Nothing to Camp at Carlsbad Caverns NP,Where is the Campground located that is Free inside the Park? Youroo!!
Old 03-01-2020, 09:31 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
Being a thousand trails member it is very hard to use !! They have excuses for everything. Very sad ��
That's unfortunate to hear. We don't have a ton of experience yet, but we are happy so far with our regional camping pass. We caught it on sale for $499 for a single region last November and have used it for 5 nights in Pacific City, OR and 6 nights in Chehalis WA so far.

Based on what they quote for non-members, we have gotten $488 worth of value out of it already, so anything we do going forward will be positive benefit.

Looked at another way, our cost has averaged about $44 per night so far. Any additional nights will drive that average down.

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service