RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-12-2018, 05:21 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post

Someone out here posted the innards 3D order for the outer portion (the part that says open in the second pic) but we need the entire outer portion thanks to glue....
Old 09-12-2018, 06:36 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeowner View Post
David - can you tell me more about the solar powered fan hood for your fridge? Sounds interesting!
Here it is:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Ref...BoC9CkQAvD_BwE

As you can see in the ad it's out of stock, might have to shop around a bit. There are a few YouTube vids out there that show how to install it.

If you want more info on my installation let me know and I'll start a new thread, I even took pictures!
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:03 PM   #43

I wonder how long that cheap fan is going to last running every day. I would definitely put a switch on it to only let it work when the RV was being used.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #44

1. Dumped the HAB and got a pair of Lay-Z-Boy recliners.
2. Oxygenics shower head.
3. Pulled the Water-Pur filter and put in a pressure tank (thanks SeaDog) along with a whole house water filter, fits nicely on my back bumper while parked.
4. RVlock door lock, keyless entry is nice.
5. Digital thermostat to replace OEM analog unit. 1-2 degree swing is much nicer than the 6 degree on the original. DW was ALWAYS adjusting it - to hot, to cold, to hot......
6. After my underbelly ripped off while on a trip, I replaced all of the flex duct work with rigid ducting. (again thanks SeaDog for guidance).
7. LED to replace 12 volt step light bulb.
8. Replace drum brakes with disk brakes from Performance Trailer Braking. Mostly because the "nev-r-adjust" OEMs keep over adjusting - every time I've had the wheels up to check they have been hard to turn. (Scheduled for next week)

S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
I wonder how long that cheap fan is going to last running every day. I would definitely put a switch on it to only let it work when the RV was being used.
It comes with a thoroughly useless inline switch, that I summarily deleted and replaced with a toggle that's accessible from inside the pantry next to the fridge. The fan only runs when I want it to.
The fan doesn't look all that durable, I'll likely replace it with something more substantial when this one buys it.

DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:11 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post
It comes with a thoroughly useless inline switch, that I summarily deleted and replaced with a toggle that's accessible from inside the pantry next to the fridge. The fan only runs when I want it to.
The fan doesn't look all that durable, I'll likely replace it with something more substantial when this one buys it.
Probably just as easy to add a small solar panel to the top of the existing vent and adding your own fan.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:21 PM   #47
I'm Lost

Nice thread

*Rear stop/tail lights to Bargman Twin LED, also placed a third one high in centre as a high mount stop light.
*Replaced existing tongue jack after original one rusted gearbox and motor seized @ 17 months
*Removed internal water filter for external, could not remove housing without unscrewing bracket (no room to mount properly, factory defect) which made room for a pressure tank
*Upgraded water pump
*Kitchen faucet to Moen, original leaked inside.
*Shower head, flow shutoff on head very tight to move, almost seized from new
*All 5 valve stems to metal, second year of use they could or did get snapped off, lost all the nitrogen of course (China Bombs again). Will do tyres this year (5 yrs old)
*Custom made memory foam mattress for leather sofa/sleeper, original air mattress never held air from day 1, or warranty replacement either
*Replaced single battery with 2 golfers, 2 years later added 2 more
*Wired new receptacle to AC circuit to allow 2 electric heaters during winter camping
*1/4 turn valves on drains and water heater
*Replaced water fill with a lockable door type, hey, it's a deterrent!

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

Geoff

2013 F150 Screw, 6.2L gasser, HDPP, LT tyres, Firestone Air Bags, 250L aux tank.
2013 Rockwood Signature 8310SS

wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:48 PM   #48
Grammar Pedant

1. Digital thermostat. I went with the Coleman Mach. No backlight, but a drop-in, 1:1 replacement that took 5 minutes to install.
  2. Replaced the CH751 locks with ones that are keyed to my door. Only one key needed and my compartments are actually locked when they're locked.
  3. Comforter replaced with a real comforter.

That's about it. One of the reasons I went with Rockwood was because I really like the OEM decisions. Even the stock shower head isn't terrible. I may eventually replace it, but it's not a horrible experience to shower with it.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:55 PM   #49

Ditto 67L48

Chose a higher level fiver from Cedar Creek because of their OEM selections.

After a year I only need a subwoofer.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:28 PM   #50

Replaced the Girard tankless water heater with a Suburban 6 gallon. Girard tankless just doesn't perform like any water heater I have ever used.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:11 AM   #51
I'm Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artspe View Post
I'm surprised that nobody has upgraded their suspension or added tpms! We replaced the mattress upon delivery of our Arctic Wolf. Replaced shower hand held before first use. Suspension upgrade and tpms on order and installed rear camera (haven't tried to use it yet).
This winter I am upgrading our TT with more ground clearance.
We cannot use Dexter's Torflex lift kit extension which would have boosted the ride height about 2.5"
According to Dexter (verified over the phone) you cannot use the lift kit with the high profile axle mounts, yet their "Installation Instructions" show the kit being installed on the high profile axle!!!!

If this is the case then my local pet welder is going to weld up a lightweight square frame (say 5' square, whatever the actual frame dimension is), drop my axles, weld this on to the frame and bolt the axles back on.

This will give me an additional 3" of ride height.

Geoff

2013 F150 Screw, 6.2L gasser, HDPP, LT tyres, Firestone Air Bags, 250L aux tank.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:05 AM   #52
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
The question was, "What OEM items have you replaced?"

TMPS is not OEM.
It is on some units, but not anything that FR produces that I am aware of.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:53 AM   #53

So far, have replaced: showerhead with an Oxygenics Fury, analog thermostat with a Coleman Mach digital, Kitchen sink faucet with the RV Dura faucet with sprayer, and the door glass window with a Slim Shade window.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:01 AM   #54

Hmmm let's see...

So far, I've done several mods to our camper, but the only OEM things I've changed/replaced...

• Changed out the OEM showerhead with an Oxygenics Body Spa... Do it, you won't regret it!!
  • Changed the OEM Ventline noisemaker wanna-be fan with a Vortex II fan.

I think all the other things have been added features that we wanted that the camper didn't come equipped with.

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
Champion 3500
Weber Q2000, Blackstone 22", and a whole herd of flamingoes
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #55

Goodyear Endurance tires, immediately. The other thing I changed out were the CH751 locks on the storage compartments, grill door and shower door. I replaced them with barrel key locks. Almost every trailer and motorhome uses the CH751 key for their compartment locks. Meaning that one key can open almost every compartment on every trailer and motorhome.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.6L 4.10
2020 KZ 130RBSE
AlaskaErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:49 PM   #56

Replaced on sofa bed with a love seat recliner. Will see how they hold up after our extended stay coming up!
jack2u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:06 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Goodyear Endurance tires, immediately. The other thing I changed out were the CH751 locks on the storage compartments, grill door and shower door. I replaced them with barrel key locks. Almost every trailer and motorhome uses the CH751 key for their compartment locks. Meaning that one key can open almost every compartment on every trailer and motorhome.

CH751 is the key blank number... so you are saying that all the keys are cut the same also? I'll have to try it on my buddy's Cougar.

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
Champion 3500
Old 09-17-2018, 09:33 PM   #58
Grammar Pedant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriaBeck View Post
CH751 is the key blank number... so you are saying that all the keys are cut the same also? [...]
Yes, that's exactly what is being said. One key opens 75% of all RV compartments ... regardless of brand. The RV entrance doors are usually keyed with something a bit more unique, but the storage compartments are usually CH751.

And it's not just RVs. I hadn't ever owned a proper RV and found a CH751 key on my keyring. I still haven't remembered what it was from (and I literally only have 3 keys on my keyring), but it wasn't an RV.

Some keep the generic CH751 locks. There is potential convenience of borrowing a stranger's key to open your own RV if you lose yours. And the effectiveness of the locks can be debated. There are two schools of thought:
  1. Thieves will either use a key or a crowbar to get into your storage. Either way, your stuff is getting stolen and only one of those does major damage to your RV.
  2. Locks deter theft and prompt the thieves to move on to the next, easier target.
I subscribe to the latter theory and also really like that I have one key that opens all of my locks ... I replaced my 751s with cylinders keyed to my door key.

Good luck.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #59
I'm Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriaBeck View Post
CH751 is the key blank number... so you are saying that all the keys are cut the same also? I'll have to try it on my buddy's Cougar.

Hi Brian, Becky
My first North American built TT, a 16' 1985 Jayco, had 751 keys on it. A buddy's 81 Prowler did as well, this was how I found out when we tried his key.
(My entry door key broke off in lock, had to climb in through the storage locker and up through the dining room bench to get into the trailer).

Geoff

Old 09-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #60

Wow, I wouldn't have thought that, but I guess I'm not surprised though.

I can see using the same CH751 key blanks for all the locks, but not the same cut! Gives new meaning to "Keyed Alike" LOL

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
Champion 3500