Old 08-31-2019, 06:16 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
Got a 2 foot carpet square at Menards, some basement tile glue -> carpeted steps. They've been on for 2 years out in the weather and are holding fine.
I might do the same. I have a boat where I use those mats. I put male snaps on the surface they sit on and female snaps on the mats themselves.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 06:21 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by medalguy View Post
Great ideas but I'm looking for a suggestion on how to store the sewer drain pipe after draining the tanks. I wash it out but it's still wet when I put it away and I'm concerned about water on the storage compartment floor. I've been thinking of hanging it from the rear ladder until it dries and I can put it away. Anyone got a suggestion?
Assuming you don't have a bumper to store it in - these are also available:

Click image for larger version

Name:	hosestorage.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	213933

This pipe can be mounted under the RV or trailer and aren't very expensive.

As far as cleaning and drying the sewer hose, I wouldn't worry too much about that. I let the gray water "wash" it after I've dumped the black, the caps go back on it, and into the storage tube until next time.
Old 08-31-2019, 06:40 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbears View Post
Here's another handy gadget. This is a pot scraper from GSI Outdoors. Its hard plastic on one edge, and soft silicone on the other. I use it to squeegee every drop of pancake or waffle mix out of the bowl, or to scrape all the pots, pans, and other dishes before washing them. That way I can use a smaller amount of dish water. Using less water means less trips to dump the grey water, and less trips to refill the freshwater tank.

I think I only paid a few bucks for it, and I had it in my backpacking gear up until I converted to all boil-in-bag meals. I use it every day while we're trailer camping and it takes up hardly any storage space.
Awesome...just ordered one.
https://www.amazon.com/GSI-Outdoors-...25556746&psc=1
Old 09-01-2019, 11:10 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by medalguy View Post
Great ideas but I'm looking for a suggestion on how to store the sewer drain pipe after draining the tanks. I wash it out but it's still wet when I put it away and I'm concerned about water on the storage compartment floor. I've been thinking of hanging it from the rear ladder until it dries and I can put it away. Anyone got a suggestion?

I bought a plastic fence post with two end caps at Lowes, plus whatever hardware is needed to attach. My husband fixed it onto the frame just behind the bumper. It works great. Sorry I don't have a picture at this moment, but there are others on here that did the same. Here is a link to one of the discussion. So far the best modification we have done.

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:24 AM   #45

I use two 5" fence posts with a 4" open gutter as a tray. Both my regular 2 hoses and spare hose AND all my fittings and such are stored in them. None of the sewer stuff ever gets stored in the basement.
2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS "The Dog House II"
Andersen Ultimate 5th wheel hitch
EezTire TPMS
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:34 AM   #46
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Attachment 213585

Here's another handy gadget. This is a pot scraper from GSI Outdoors. Its hard plastic on one edge, and soft silicone on the other. I use it to squeegee every drop of pancake or waffle mix out of the bowl, or to scrape all the pots, pans, and other dishes before washing them. That way I can use a smaller amount of dish water. Using less water means less trips to dump the grey water, and less trips to refill the freshwater tank.

I think I only paid a few bucks for it, and I had it in my backpacking gear up until I converted to all boil-in-bag meals. I use it every day while we're trailer camping and it takes up hardly any storage space.
And your grey tank will love you for not rinsing food particles down the drain.

We either scrape all plates, pots and pans into the garbage before washing or use paper plates.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 01:48 PM   #47

Helps with summer heat

We didn’t know how much we needed these until we experienced the unrelenting East coast summer heat. They worked well in California to keep the heat out while traveling or when away from the campground during the heat of the day, but often removed with the windows open at camp and at night when things cool down.

On our trip, we discovered they are great with the AC running, great for blocking the morning sun and great to keep prying eyes away when “Walmarting”

We got a huge roll of this and Velcro at HD for less than $50 and still have half of it left.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A2579546-B9BD-48CC-ACED-0899C0A5631A.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	397.4 KB
ID:	213971  
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
We either scrape all plates, pots and pans into the garbage before washing or use paper plates.
We do too but we make pancakes a lot and this is way better than using a paper towel to clean out the bowl first.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:44 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstudey View Post
I bought a plastic fence post with two end caps at Lowes, plus whatever hardware is needed to attach. My husband fixed it onto the frame just behind the bumper. It works great. Sorry I don't have a picture at this moment, but there are others on here that did the same. Here is a link to one of the discussion. So far the best modification we have done.

X2. I have an I-beam type frame. So I used some electricians beam hanger clamps to avoid drilling holes in the frame. Lock-tite to keep things in place.
https://www.menards.com/main/pipe-su...2121417&ipos=5

S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:35 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
And your grey tank will love you for not rinsing food particles down the drain.

I usually take that kind of thing, a tub and scrubber to the outdoor shower. Also connect a two-way shut off to the city water at the post and connect the water line to one side. The other side of the two-way splitter gets used for all sorts of things.
Nights camped: Ď16 - 24, Ď17 -33, Ď18 - 27, Ď19 - 27

twohand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:54 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by twohand View Post
I usually take that kind of thing, a tub and scrubber to the outdoor shower. Also connect a two-way shut off to the city water at the post and connect the water line to one side. The other side of the two-way splitter gets used for all sorts of things.
We camp a lot in bear country and almost always dry camping. No washing dishes in the campsite.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:37 PM   #52

I actually did this to my power washer that I use on the trailer. The air filter cover would not stay on so a couple of pins and the elastic band from some tidy whities and it works for me. The wife is like..........
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190907_112553852_HDR.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	305.0 KB
ID:	214404  
Old 04-13-2020, 10:11 PM   #53

Quote:
Assuming you don't have a bumper to store it in - these are also available:

Attachment 213933

This pipe can be mounted under the RV or trailer and aren't very expensive.

As far as cleaning and drying the sewer hose, I wouldn't worry too much about that. I let the gray water "wash" it after I've dumped the black, the caps go back on it, and into the storage tube until next time.

I just fabricated the fence post mod but havenít mounted it yet. Did you drill any holes in it to vent the moisture?

2017 Rockwood 2109s Mini Lite
Campah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:45 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campah View Post
I just fabricated the fence post mod but havenít mounted it yet. Did you drill any holes in it to vent the moisture?
The sewer hose storage on our camper was a factory install, but I didn't drill any holes in it. Our sewer hose has its own end caps, so it doesn't leak any water into the storage tube anyway.

I really wouldn't worry much about it... A little moisture/mold is better than holes that bees and other insects can crawl into. And, it is sewer hose storage....not going to carry a fly rod or a sandwich in there.