Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2020, 08:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadJones View Post
We tried turning the truck lights on, Camera still not working. But more concerning is the trailer lights have also stopped working.

I unplugged the Haloview, but still no trailer lights. Hmm. This is a problem.

Any ideas?
What make/model/year of truck?
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:55 PM   #22

2020 Ram 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
What make/model/year of truck?
DadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:59 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
I just bought the 7108 based on recommendations here. But I find that the monitor is pretty big, IMHO. Not sure where I'm actually going to put it.

Since I bought it, I've seen that Haloview has a NEW "rear view mirror" sized monitor that straps to your rear view mirror. There are two models, the MC10 for $299.99 and the RD10 for about $369.99. The MC10 is good for only 33 ft, the RD10 is good for 80 ft. Both come with Furrion adapter plates.

I may have gone with one of these if I'd realized they existed.

You may wish to look at these. The down side is probably that there isn't a lot of experience with them yet

See my post, no. 34, has a couple of pictures of the Haloview mirror mounting system for their 7" monitor. See what you think.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...-198845-2.html

2022 Rockwood 2893BS
2019 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD
Theb2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:54 PM   #24

Quote:
2020 Ram 1500
The reason I asked is that there is a common issue with late model GM trucks that use a PWM signal for clearance lights. This causes not enough voltage at the camera. Have you actually measured the 12V at the camera with the clearance lights on?

As a test, you could jumper 12V at the 7 pin connector over to the clearance light input to see if that works.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:44 PM   #25

I hope no-one minds, but I want to bump this as I have an update.

I got a new Haloview camera and the power booster. When we set it up today, it wasn't working, couldn't get it to pair or anything. It appeared the camera wasn't getting any power. Lights on my truck were set to auto, I am pretty sure we tried flipping the lights to "on" to see if that would change anything.

Tonight, after dark, we went back to try again. Lights still in Auto mode, but my lights were in full strength. We paired the camera and everything worked perfectly.

I am going to go back tomorrow and play more, but any idea what's causing this?

Haloview suggested maybe, "The fuse of this running light circuit may be in a protected state due to excessive current"... I kind of get what they are saying, but not sure what to try to fix that.

I have a 2020 Ram 1500.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2020, 12:03 AM   #26

You have to force lights to be on if your camera is powered by the clearance lights
Quote:
I hope no-one minds, but I want to bump this as I have an update.

I got a new Haloview camera and the power booster. When we set it up today, it wasn't working, couldn't get it to pair or anything. It appeared the camera wasn't getting any power. Lights on my truck were set to auto, I am pretty sure we tried flipping the lights to "on" to see if that would change anything.

Tonight, after dark, we went back to try again. Lights still in Auto mode, but my lights were in full strength. We paired the camera and everything worked perfectly.

I am going to go back tomorrow and play more, but any idea what's causing this?

Haloview suggested maybe, "The fuse of this running light circuit may be in a protected state due to excessive current"... I kind of get what they are saying, but not sure what to try to fix that.

I have a 2020 Ram 1500.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2020, 06:41 PM   #27
Retired Panpsychist

Quote:
{snip}...I am pretty sure we tried flipping the lights to "on" to see if that would change anything...{snip}
Sounds like a firm possibility of a definite maybe!

Now that you have verified that it works properly at night, have you tried it during the day with your lights ON? Working?

2007 GoldenDoodle ("Cooper") R.I.P.
2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 F-150 4WD XLT SCab, 5.0L, 3.73, 36gal, HD Towing Pkg (53A), 1,980lb Payload
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:53 PM   #28

I had to pair at night and then daytime worked with lights switched to on. First camera was defective, but they replaced no charge. Thanks everyone
Old 09-20-2020, 04:48 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
There is also a 7109 that is out. I kinda like the way the camera looks better than the 7108.

The 7109 also has a brighter monitor.
Are you sure about the brighter monitor? The Amazon page shows it has the M7108 monitor, but the CA109 "mini camera".

https://www.amazon.com/Haloview-MC71...dp/B088GZBYJ3/
TxRockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:21 PM   #30

I was looking at the Haloview website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRockwood View Post
Are you sure about the brighter monitor? The Amazon page shows it has the M7108 monitor, but the CA109 "mini camera".

https://www.amazon.com/Haloview-MC71...dp/B088GZBYJ3/