Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2016, 08:57 PM   #21

Thanks for the info.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:25 PM   #22

You might have the tires rebalanced with the wheel simulators and sensors on the rims.

When I was doing research for my TPMS, I read review comments from others, that several different type of systems would throw the tires out of balance, including valve stem extensions.

I don't believe there is any TPMS that is better than others, it's pretty much personal preference on the system that meets your TV/TT configuration.

2016 Forest River Heritage Glen 276RLIS
2017 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 2500HD Duramax
Pasco, Washington
41ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_The_Dream View Post
Learn from me here. I have a TST 507rv and it works like a champ right until the wheel simulator flys off. I bought stainless zip ties to hold the simulators on but never put them to use. When the simulator came off it ruined one of my wheel sensors.

Regardless of my failure, I would go with the TST 507 again. That said, I do have a question for those of you with a 507. Do you have any issues with the power plug not staying in the head unit? The charger I got has a tip about 1/2in long but only goes in about half that and will fall out quite easily. Fortunately it holds a charge for several days.
Call TST about the power plug. I had a few questions for them, very pleasant to talk to and very helpful.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #24
King of the Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
X2 for the EEZTire. I got the Anti-theft instead of the flow through. The flow through are more convenient when filling tires, but they are about 2 1/2 inches long and for smaller tires (16" and under) would be a problem. You would have to re-balance the tires and they stick out quite a ways. I remove the anti-theft from mine and just screw the sensors on because they are smaller and lighter that way.

I've had custom Rams head valve stem caps for years and nobody ever messed with them, and these look the same so nobody has ever taken one.

2016 days camped = 91, 2017 days camped = 109
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote