Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #1
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Wiper Blade Tip

I'd like to take credit for this but I can't. Our UPS driver recommended this because he's seen it somewhere along his route. To help keep your wiper blades from bending in one direction due to constant contact with the window he told my wife he has seen tennis balls placed behind the arms to relieve the pressure of the blade against the window. This also helps to eliminate that wonderful noise when they bounce across the glass on their return trip. So when I'm not using the motorhome I have 2 tennis balls under the arms of the wiper blades. I've used styrofoam cups before but either stepped on one or misplaced them (trash can). With the tennis balls I just place them in the compartment with my tool box when I don't need them.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #2

Yup. Been doing that ever since we bought the Georgetown. I'll bet we all know some things we have done to our rigs that others might like to know about. I know we have modified our motorhome to our tasts since we got it. Would anyone be interested in passing on these additions we have done to the Georgetowns. Were always eager to hear what everyone else has done to theirs.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaylor View Post
Yup. Been doing that ever since we bought the Georgetown. I'll bet we all know some things we have done to our rigs that others might like to know about. I know we have modified our motorhome to our tasts since we got it. Would anyone be interested in passing on these additions we have done to the Georgetowns. Were always eager to hear what everyone else has done to theirs.
One addition we made is adding Power Visors to the front windshield. On our trip home on the day we picked up the unit I realised the visors FR provided are useless. You can't reach them when driving and if no one else is in the coach with you they can't be adjusted. I installed the following Power Visors with remote control. Best investment I believe I've made. I used two that meet in the middle and cover the windshield and I can adjust them with just a push of a button on the remote.

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/rv...asp?m=01010501

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 01-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
One addition we made is adding Power Visors to the front windshield. On our trip home on the day we picked up the unit I realised the visors FR provided are useless. You can't reach them when driving and if no one else is in the coach with you they can't be adjusted. I installed the following Power Visors with remote control. Best investment I believe I've made. I used two that meet in the middle and cover the windshield and I can adjust them with just a push of a button on the remote.

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/rv...asp?m=01010501
Ahhh, Jeeze Charlie, there you go again, now I'm gonna have to spend more money!
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #5

i used to do the tennis balls
now i use swimming noodles, cut to length of the blade, it also protects them from the elements ,
Old 01-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Ahhh, Jeeze Charlie, there you go again, now I'm gonna have to spend more money!
WalMart has Sponge Bob Square Pants tennis balls in a pack of 2 for $1.98 or there's always the dollar store. I see tennis ball sales skyrocketing

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 01-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
i used to do the tennis balls
now i use swimming noodles, cut to length of the blade, it also protects them from the elements ,
This may start a great debate Noodles or Balls??????

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 01-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #8

Quote:
This may start a great debate Noodles or Balls??????
put em together and we could have trouble
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #9

Quote:
WalMart has Sponge Bob Square Pants tennis balls in a pack of 2 for $1.98 or there's always the dollar store. I see tennis ball sales skyrocketing
Yeah I wasn't talking about the tennis balls, I see a set of those electric shades in my future to the tune of $500....
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #10
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Yeah I wasn't talking about the tennis balls, I see a set of those electric shades in my future to the tune of $500....
I bought mine through Camping World when I had a big time discount coupon plus they were on salee but I'm not sure if they still have them. Carefree of Colorado is great to deal with. I had a problem with the remote after 1-1/2 Years. They told me to take the remote to any of their dealers to return it for warranty. I sent it out on a Monday and had a total new control assembly with new remote by Thursday the same week. I really like the visors. It a bit of a back ache to get them in since I sat inside the window on the dash. They are more than worth the cost to me. Mine ran $435.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #11

Tennis Balls

First, thanks for the idea on the tennis balls. I currently use water pipe insulation foam to keep the wipers off the windshield and protected from U.V.

I use tennis balls with a slit in the ball to cover the corners of my slide outs. Just remember to take them off before you retract to leave.
Lawfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #12
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfive View Post
First, thanks for the idea on the tennis balls. I currently use water pipe insulation foam to keep the wipers off the windshield and protected from U.V.

I use tennis balls with a slit in the ball to cover the corners of my slide outs. Just remember to take them off before you retract to leave.
Another good idea for using tennis balls. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's had the pleasure of banging their head on the corner of the slideout. Or at least I don't think I'm the only one, but I'm sure it amused the campers next to us.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Another good idea for using tennis balls. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's had the pleasure of banging their head on the corner of the slideout. Or at least I don't think I'm the only one, but I'm sure it amused the campers next to us.
i use the noodles there as well to protect the noodle
i am great at Walking into the slides, you may have been laughing at me