Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #21

Using FaceTime works pretty well. Good for tight spots when you cannot see the space/clearance you have. The ability to have the camera completely mobile gives you the aspects needed to get into really tight spaces.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:37 AM   #22

I read a similar post here yesterday. I love the idea and keep thinking how we might incorporate it. I'm curious about some security cameras I've seen that are for use with iPhone or iPad. Has anyone ever tried these for any purpose?

We have an iPad but no smartphone. Dark ages, I know. But we have two little ones so money is better spent on them. We just don't need to spend the $140 the other post mentioned, nor the $400 mentioned here. That could be another iPad so we didn't have to hear them fight over it!
Roo-Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #23
Mod free 5er

I have a GE baby monitor with 2 cameras that work fine, got them last summer and played with them at home and they worked great. After taking them to FL this winter and moving every 2 weeks for 3.5 months, I never used them once.

Bottomline, I will sell the monitor, 2 cameras and chargers for all 3 for $100 including shipping.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:56 PM   #24

Hay there I read about doing this and I have an iPhone and and an iPad so i set up case time by using my iPhone number under contact of Perry's Rig called the face time set up accepted an it works petty good. Thanks to who ever first posted this idea David44
David44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:33 AM   #25

FaceTime did wonders... After reading this post I was hooking up today to my TT And in the 3rd attempt I said "hey call me on FaceTime then hold your phone over the top of the hitch and trailer tongue"
1st try this way and was perfectly aligned!

Great idea people!
yourguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #26
Boondocking Only

Good idea it would work at home...but no cell signal in the mountains of Wyoming were we spend our spring-summer-fall.
2010 F250 Lariat 6.8 V-10 w/Timbren SES
Custom Tunes by 5 Star Tuning
Boondocking Only
ddbck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #27

Not to be a smartalec or anything, but Have you seen the devices they sell in campground stores? Two yellow tennis balls on sticks attached to magnets. Place one on the trailer hitch at the ball, the other on the ball of the truck. When the tennis balls touch you are in perfect alignment. No guessing.

Having pointed out that low-tech solution, I still need a camera on the back of my Solera RV. I'm too cheap to buy the real deal, so I am looking to create a not-too-difficult solution using a USB camera or a wifi camera to my smartphone. Coming up dry so far, but still hopeful to find one that works.

Make it a good day !!

Rich

Solera 24R - 2014
Life is Good - All is Well
richhop25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #28

I bought this wireless. Easy to install but the rf antennae is 7 feet away and still has interference. Good enough to see clearly behind you when backing up. I connected to parking lights so all I have to do is turn them on and I see who or what is coming.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001W6...&pi=SY200_QL40
Toddcee is offline   Reply With Quote