RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #1

01 Rockwood crank

Hello everyone looking to see if anyone can help me out. We just bought a used 01 rockwood pop up. Our first camper for our family. We plan to go camping in it for the first time this week. I went out today to crank it up (we had it up a couple weeks to do
Some updates. No issues ) only to notice it won't stay up now. If I let go of the bar I use to crank it it just spins as the roof falls. I looked into the teeth of the crank they all look good it looks like there is a spring mechanism the engages into the teeth to hold it that's just freely moving almost like the spring has been stretch. I've look all over the internet with no luck. I tried cranking it all the way up and a little past to see if it would engage and it didn't. Any help for a newbie?
Dtwright61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:45 PM   #2

Maybe the below youtube link will help?

My 2016 Rockwood also has a spring loaded stop pin that prevents the gear from moving and the roof from lowering. If the stop pin engages the crank I would think it's working properly.

https://youtu.be/4GTWvBAMoJs
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood