Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #1

2006 Rockwood Rhino HW252

Just drove home a new to me 2006 Rockwood HW252. We were thinking on a hybrid 17' but landed on this one due to its great condition unbelievable size for a pop-up. It's not our first run with a pop-up but want to see if anyone has any pointers on this model or High Wall pup-ups in general. Thanks in advance and looking forward to learning from everyone here.
thaithco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #2

Congrats on your new addition! I am new to pop ups so no help to your question but certainly will share in your excitement!
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #3

We've had our 2006 HW256 for two years now. I'm assuming a 252 is fairly similar. Absolutely love it! It's a huge sucker too... Most people who come inside to look around are amazed at how big it is.

What do you want to know? I'll see if I can help.

fisk
fisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I'm one of those who are always a little "shocked" to see those high wall pups. Closed - I can just see over them and open they offer a lot of room compared to my first camper - an old Jayco pup.

Congrats on your new-to-you camper and

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #5

Well thank you all. We've been pretty excited about it moving up from our 94 Viking. Only a couple problems in the plumbing sector on the 1st trip and two questions. We've never had a fridge so my 1st question is: should it take overnight to really cool down and should I expect the fridge to rise in temp while driving down the road on 12v/gas? I was thinking on putting the 12v computer fan to help with air circulation but was sure what a normal operation is for these fridges. The other is the ac...it wasn't terribly hot when testing but it didn't seem to pump out real cold air...again it wasn't hot but I've never had a pup with air. Either way we're happy with the purchase and are heading to Mamoth Cave this month for a longer (more fun) test.
thaithco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #6

Congrats on the new addition.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #7

Our fridge takes overnight to cool down also. We usually have to keep all our cold food in a cooler the first night and then transfer everything to the fridge sometime the next day. This summer we're going to try keeping it on shore power and turning the fridge on a few days before we leave and see if that makes a difference.

As far as the ac goes, you may just need to take it to a repair place and have them check it. Our AC works great and will freeze us right out of the pop up if we turn it up too high.
fisk is offline   Reply With Quote