Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2019, 03:41 PM   #1

2010 Flagstaff 228D pop up manual

Hi all, just purchased this pop up and have searched for awhile to find a manual online (pdf). I’ve had no luck; only found a pdf brochure. I called Forest River and they were unable to help as well. We’re brand new to pop up campers (coming from tent camping) and I’m finding a ton of material online (including from this forum). So, I’m learning a lot, but a manual would still be helpful. If you have any suggestions I’d appreciate it.
Flag228D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:36 PM   #2
Trailer Park Supervisor

Even the manuals for newer models are pretty much worthless. They are very general and not specific to any one model. You have to depend on the owner's manuals for each individual system, like the stove, or water heater. Or this forum.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:51 PM   #3
Site Team

You can download a folding camper owners manual, from FR's website.
Itll be generic but might have some popup-specific information.
YouTube videos are helpful.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:31 PM   #4

The general camper manual is just pretty generic about several things. It doesn't even state how to set the camper up, you have to download the video for that information. My Jayco travel trailer manual was much MUCH better as was my Starcraft Pop Up manual.

As far as appliances, toilet, faucet, furnace and such, you'll have to download those individual manuals separately.

Good luck
2024 Black Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude 4WD, 121" WB, 3.6L, 8 speed, Blacked Out Package, 265/50R20 wheels, 6,200# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Go through Indiana Dunes NP 5X/week! Previously had 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH and 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH Travel Trailers. Also previously had 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroom, Previously had 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet.
Mike91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
228d, flagstaff, manual, pop up