Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2013, 02:18 AM   #1

2013 Rockwood 1970 pre purchase questions

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I'm glad to have found it. I'm considering purchasing a new Rockwood model 1970. I was about to buy a Palamino but I think the Rockwood is a bit better quality. I have checked over the treads here and couldn't find much info so I'm posting a few questions.

Main question is for any current owners of this model. How happy are you guys with it so far and how long have you owned one?

Also what sort of problems have you encountered with this model or brand? What things are great about it?

Finally do you wish you bought a different model (layout) or does the 1970 work great for you?

I'm tryin to get an idea if this model and brand is the way to go.

Thanks!
beyond-contracting.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I can't help with your questions but would like to welcome you to the forum !

Good luck and have fun.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #3

I don't have a 1970 but a 2560G. It's about four years old and we've been very pleased with it and the support from Rockwood. All the appliances have worked well along with the lift mechanism and other mechanical items.

When we decided on a floor plan, we wanted one with a slide out dinette because it really opens up the inside of the trailer when it's in use. Also, we opted for one without a sofa. We didn't need the additional bed and we felt that one without the sofa offered more storage.

Our pop up also has a cassette toilet and shower and that was important to us.

But all that said, if you are pleased with the floor plan then go for it. You'll enjoy it.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #4

Thank you!

I really like this floor plan so thinking of going for it. I just hope the quality last as long as possible.
beyond-contracting.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #5

Rockwood offers a very well built unit properly maintained you will be able to enjoy it for many years
apopkabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #6

I looked long and hard at 3 models 1910 1970 1980. I bought the 1910 and love it. I like the floor plan better than the other two.