RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-28-2020, 08:01 PM   #1

2014 Rockwood Tent trailer leak discovered

First opening this season and discovered a leak. It was a long and wet winter/spring. Horrified to discover the caulking failed and water leaked into the sides? Besides cleaning and recaulking the seams, can anyone give me suggestions on how to handle this? Once dried out and using mold inhibitor, will it shrink? I appreciate any insight. It is right around the rear post?
Attached Images

killarney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:14 PM   #2

oh that sucks - and unfortunately it won't shrink. my previous popup had a leak around the fan and the back roof side panel swelled like that. As long as the posts stayed tightly attached, i did not do anything about it other than stopping the leak to prevent further damage.
I am not sure if there is a fix other than replacement of the panel. Somebody may have a better idea.

be sure to check all the seals frequently and recaulk anything that looks even remotely suspect (including the main body).
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
oh that sucks - and unfortunately it won't shrink. my previous popup had a leak around the fan and the back roof side panel swelled like that. As long as the posts stayed tightly attached, i did not do anything about it other than stopping the leak to prevent further damage.
I am not sure if there is a fix other than replacement of the panel. Somebody may have a better idea.

be sure to check all the seals frequently and recaulk anything that looks even remotely suspect (including the main body).
Thank-you, will be resealing and removing the old. I might bring in to the dealer and get it properly done.
killarney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:21 AM   #4

I bought a 2018 Flagstaff in March and discovered when I got home it obviously had had a leak. It's in the exact same place as yours too. My side board is swollen like yours but not as bad and I have the dimple look to the outside. Maybe once yours completely dries out the swelling might not look as bad. However, if the roof latch is loose, you will definitely have to replace the sideboard. If you get any quotes on replacing it I would be really interested to hear what it would cost. Good luck and I'm really sorry that has happened

Tags
cover, rockwood, tent trailer, leak, trailer, 2014