Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2019, 02:23 PM   #1

2015 Flagstaff Classic 823D powerwinch issues

On our last trip a few weeks ago, our winch system would not come down. It would go up, but not down. When we got home it would go up, but not down. Now it does not seem to want to do either. I charged the battery and had it tested and it seems to be "good".

After charging the battery, all I hear is a single click. The motor does not engage. I have also tried to jump it using my car and it will sound as if it wants to engage, but does not.

Where can I find the model number in order to trouble shoot the issue?
scDonahues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:27 PM   #2

Hi there, I had the exact same problem with my 2015 HW27KS. I used a meter to troubleshoot and found the circuit board in the plastic cover under the front of the winch was not powering the motor to go down. I replaced the board with some difficulty as it is riveted in place. I had my wife engage the toggle switch while testing voltage as two pair of hands are definitely needed. The cost was around 45.00 to repair myself. Good luck hope this may help.
MohicanJeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, power