Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #1

2016 coachmen clipper

When lowering my top the winch don't lower correctly it will fall down some then act like it won't lower at all this is our first pop up any suggestions
smokeycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:28 PM   #2

My 2016 Rockwood Premier 2516g winch system sometimes does not raise or lower, more often not lowering. I changed the winch switch out and it did work a little better at first but acted up again and would not lower the roof (as if there was no power). I did adjust the up/down limit switch and that seemed to fix the raising issue but not the lowering issue. I couldn't figure out why the limit down adjustment wasn't responding to any adjustment I was making.

When I tried one last attempt to lower the roof I pushed the switch inward and down and it worked as if there was an electrical contact issue.

Try adjusting your limit switch first and if that works great, if not, try pushing the switch inward and down, it worked for me.
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen