Originally Posted by seeverest
I have had the camper stored all winter with it plugged into shore power to keep it all charged up and ready to go. About a week ago the LP/CO2 detector started going off so I opened the camper and reset it. It went off again in about 15 minutes so I pulled the fuse and ordered a new one. Since the LP was off, and there was no reason for the CO2 to be high on the camper. I then noticed tonight that the blue light on the shore power plug was out. So I climbed back into the camper plugged the fuse back in that I took out and checked all the other breakers and fuses to make sure nothing was tripped. Nothing was tripped so I tested the outlet at the pole where I plug the shore power cord in and I’m getting 120. So I plug the cord into the pole and check the plug where the cord plugs into the camper. 120VAC our of the cord. Then I check the battery and I’m getting 13.19 VDC out of the battery. This is where I stopped as it was now dark outside. There are also 2 lights on the plug itself but they are not on a green and a red. I would appreciate any input on this as my next step will have to be pulling the fuse panel to see where my 120 is getting to. Thanks.
Most CO detectors have a low voltage alarm to alert you the battery is discharged, and thus the alarm cannot function correctly in order to save your life in case of a danger.
This may be what you were hearing, especially if you lost shore power to the RV, and then the battery depleted due to the CO detector and other parasitic drains. That's just normal if there is no form of shore power to recharge the battery(ies) via the converter.
You are stating you now have shore power, and I am assuming that your converter is working somewhat if you are getting over 13 volts DC on your battery now....and I am also assuming you checked the battery voltage with the cables installed on it, as well as still being connected to shore power (or just recently had)
Now why did you lose shore power or a connection downstream is the question?
What are plugged into for shore power (at home, 15, 30, 50 amp connection---are you using adapters, etc)?