Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2021, 09:08 PM   #1

2020 rockwood hw277

I have an interior lighting issue. There one light above the sink and it works when I flip the switch to on.
I also have two ceiling lights on the front end of the ceiling and they do NOT come on when I flip the switch.
I also have one ceiling light on the back of the ceiling just outside of the bathroom and it does NOT work either.
They all look the same and I donít see any switches on the actual light. I mention this because the bathroom light has a switch on its side.
Could it be they are just burned out? Amazon has the 4.5 lights that I am thinking about ordering but it seems strange to me that the lights nearest the beds are the ones not working.
I only have three light switches. They are for the outside lights below the awning, the floor night lights and the ceiling lights or I guess I should say for the one ceiling light.
Do any other 2020HW277 owners have any ideas or solution.
SWehrmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:25 AM   #2

The main switch on the cabinet will turn off the ceiling lights and the exhaust fan. It sounds like an issue with some of the lights but also strange that several are doing the same thing. I would drop down the lights not working and check for 12 volts with a multimeter. At least you will confirm if itís the light or not.
MohicanJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohicanJeff View Post
The main switch on the cabinet will turn off the ceiling lights and the exhaust fan. It sounds like an issue with some of the lights but also strange that several are doing the same thing. I would drop down the lights not working and check for 12 volts with a multimeter. At least you will confirm if itís the light or not.

Good suggestions I will try that
Old 05-03-2021, 09:56 AM   #4
Trailer Park Supervisor

I hate to state the obvious, but since you are new to the forum.....You do know these lights can be turned on and off individually by pressing the center of the lens, right? I do not have your model, but I am assuming these lights work the same across the board.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:39 AM   #5

Are the light lenses inside your pop up camper oval or round. Mine are all (oval) and manually controlled by the switch at the ceiling.
MohicanJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:36 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
I hate to state the obvious, but since you are new to the forum.....You do know these lights can be turned on and off individually by pressing the center of the lens, right? I do not have your model, but I am assuming these lights work the same across the board.
The OP has a popup, which may not have your type of lights.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:27 PM   #7

Quote:

Thank you I did not know that.

I was thinking there may be another way and now I know.

Thanks so much and never assume.
Old 05-03-2021, 05:33 PM   #8
Trailer Park Supervisor

So do your lights turn on and off by pressing them?
Old 05-07-2021, 02:16 PM   #9

Quote:
So do your lights turn on and off by pressing them?
on a side note, the ceiling fan is on the same circuit, so it won't run if the light switch is off.
dtptrson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood