RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2020, 07:09 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 18
2318G help

Looking at purchasing the 2318g pop up model. Was originally sold on the 1940, but like the extra space of having the slide out. What is a good price that I should expect to pay for those who purchased recently. I found quotes from $16k and an online quote for $12,400 without ac. But definitely need ac here in Florida.
Thanks Dave
Blade59rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:53 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
campfire joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 193
a lot depends on it's year of manufacture. Condition of the unit Whether it has a bath or not. I have a 2318g manufactured in 2013. I bought it practically new (1 owner) in 2014 for $7,500. No bath or AC.
__________________
2013 Rockwood popup 2318 g. TV 2016 acadia and a 2013 SLE Sierra p/u
campfire joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:03 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 18
Sorry should have said brand new. 2021 model...
Blade59rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 09:29 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Amartin453's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Treasure Coast
Posts: 265
2318G help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade59rt View Post
Looking at purchasing the 2318g pop up model. Was originally sold on the 1940, but like the extra space of having the slide out. What is a good price that I should expect to pay for those who purchased recently. I found quotes from $16k and an online quote for $12,400 without ac. But definitely need ac here in Florida.

Thanks Dave


We purchased our new 2016 2516g with AC and shower/toilet combo for 13K, which is similar to the 2318g. The prices of pop-ups seem to hold their value as long as they are taken care of. The quote of 16K seems to be a high to me but thatís why you get quotes.

Donít cheap out on the AC unit, you will regret it in the summer when itís hot and humid in Florida where we reside as well.

Good luck!
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 03:55 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 377
My dealer is selling his 2021 for an advertised price of $13K. Air Condition is roughly $1K more.

However, I was able to come off their advertised price earlier by $1K.

So I'd say in my area, it's about $13K with AC. I priced a 2019 with AC for $11,500 previously so they're charging about $1.5K more now.

For Florida with extra transportation costs, the dealer at $12,400 is very reasonable. The $16K seems excessive.
__________________
2019 Ford F150 Race Red XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 Locking Axle, 1830# Payload, 12,700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Previously had 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH and 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH Travel Trailers. Also previously had 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroom, Previously had 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet. Trucks and Trailers.
Mike91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 04:45 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike91 View Post
My dealer is selling his 2021 for an advertised price of $13K. Air Condition is roughly $1K more.

However, I was able to come off their advertised price earlier by $1K.

So I'd say in my area, it's about $13K with AC. I priced a 2019 with AC for $11,500 previously so they're charging about $1.5K more now.

For Florida with extra transportation costs, the dealer at $12,400 is very reasonable. The $16K seems excessive.

Thanks Mike, will see Tues when I stop by what deal I can get.
Blade59rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 01:56 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 18
So after spending few hours at dealership. The one they said they had had major issues and was not in shape to sell. They found another 2021 but not shower/toilet. But agreed on new 13.5 btu ac unit installed for $14995 out the door. I think I can do better.
Blade59rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 04:44 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Amartin453's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Treasure Coast
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade59rt View Post
So after spending few hours at dealership. The one they said they had had major issues and was not in shape to sell. They found another 2021 but not shower/toilet. But agreed on new 13.5 btu ac unit installed for $14995 out the door. I think I can do better.


Not a bad price but I agree you can do better!
Amartin453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:51 PM   #9
Member
 
FR27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 69
I just purchased a 2021 with AC out the door for $14000. I had to drive to another state to purchase it since where I live no one has any. Ordering would take minimum 3 months and cost more due to added freight charges.
__________________
2018 Ford F150 XLT, FX4, 3.5L Turbo
2021 Forest River Rockwood Freedom 2318G
FR27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:17 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR27 View Post
I just purchased a 2021 with AC out the door for $14000. I had to drive to another state to purchase it since where I live no one has any. Ordering would take minimum 3 months and cost more due to added freight charges.
Going by your profile pic it seems I'm not the only one that went to a large Pop Up from a large Travel Trailer. I drove to another state, and dealer 1-1/2 hours away. Believe it or not, they are the closest "LOCAL" dealer to me. The dealerships that are 15 minutes and 30 minutes from me, have stopped selling pop ups.

My wife has decided she likes camping more now, and she's not impressed with the pop up after having the previous house on wheels.

She's going to try to make it work, but most likely going back to a TT.

I just don't want a big one again. The small footprint Pop Up has so many advantages, but not necessarily conveniences.
__________________
2019 Ford F150 Race Red XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 Locking Axle, 1830# Payload, 12,700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Previously had 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH and 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH Travel Trailers. Also previously had 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroom, Previously had 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet. Trucks and Trailers.
Mike91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 12:36 AM   #11
Member
 
FR27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike91 View Post
Going by your profile pic it seems I'm not the only one that went to a large Pop Up from a large Travel Trailer. I drove to another state, and dealer 1-1/2 hours away. Believe it or not, they are the closest "LOCAL" dealer to me. The dealerships that are 15 minutes and 30 minutes from me, have stopped selling pop ups.

My wife has decided she likes camping more now, and she's not impressed with the pop up after having the previous house on wheels.

She's going to try to make it work, but most likely going back to a TT.

I just don't want a big one again. The small footprint Pop Up has so many advantages, but not necessarily conveniences.
My situation changed that made having another pop up camper a better choice for me right now. My big Rockwood TT was destroyed in a tornado back in September of 2018 and I then went through a divorce. I wanted to get back into camper without the cost of a big TT and have the ability to store it in my garage. Also, pop up campers can go some places, like state parks, that certain TT cannot. There are pros and cons to all types of campers. You just have to be flexible and buy what works at that given time and remember its "CAMPING."
__________________
2018 Ford F150 XLT, FX4, 3.5L Turbo
2021 Forest River Rockwood Freedom 2318G
FR27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:32 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR27 View Post
My situation changed that made having another pop up camper a better choice for me right now. My big Rockwood TT was destroyed in a tornado back in September of 2018 and I then went through a divorce. I wanted to get back into camper without the cost of a big TT and have the ability to store it in my garage. Also, pop up campers can go some places, like state parks, that certain TT cannot. There are pros and cons to all types of campers. You just have to be flexible and buy what works at that given time and remember its "CAMPING."
Yep, I went back to the Pop Up for the some of the same reasons except for a divorce. The TT was so expensive for preventive maintenance, insurance, plates, etc compared to the Pop Up and I couldn't get into the good sites at the State Parks with my 29' bunkhouse TT.

However after having 2 TTs, now that the wife started camping with me again, she's wanting a TT again for the conveniences. All I can think about is all the inconvenience I had with the TT. If we go back, it will be a midsized TT with bunks.
__________________
2019 Ford F150 Race Red XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 Locking Axle, 1830# Payload, 12,700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Previously had 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH and 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH Travel Trailers. Also previously had 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroom, Previously had 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet. Trucks and Trailers.
Mike91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike91 View Post
Yep, I went back to the Pop Up for the some of the same reasons except for a divorce. The TT was so expensive for preventive maintenance, insurance, plates, etc compared to the Pop Up and I couldn't get into the good sites at the State Parks with my 29' bunkhouse TT.

However after having 2 TTs, now that the wife started camping with me again, she's wanting a TT again for the conveniences. All I can think about is all the inconvenience I had with the TT. If we go back, it will be a midsized TT with bunks.
If it's just the 2 of you, an A-frame might give you both what you want. Stores in the garage, sets up and takes down easier than a pop-up, and has hard sides. Downside - generally not comfortable for more than 2.

just a thought
Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 12:22 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post
If it's just the 2 of you, an A-frame might give you both what you want. Stores in the garage, sets up and takes down easier than a pop-up, and has hard sides. Downside - generally not comfortable for more than 2.

just a thought
Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW
It's actually a family camper for us and our kids.

Thanks for the idea and suggestion though.

I actually looked at the A-frames before and they are too cramped for me even alone. If they used the same methods that European campers use to have a flat roof with sidewalls, I might be game on a 16' box. The small box with no external beds, and the lack of headroom, put me off.
__________________
2019 Ford F150 Race Red XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 Locking Axle, 1830# Payload, 12,700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Previously had 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH and 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH Travel Trailers. Also previously had 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroom, Previously had 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet. Trucks and Trailers.
Mike91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2318g

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.