Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2023, 02:11 PM   #1

2318G slide out Dinette seat backs

Hi all, just purchased a used 2022 2318G a few weeks ago, as I setup the camper, it appears there is nothing really holding the seat backs up in the dinette other than the pushback of the canvas, is that the way its supposed to be, and if so, does anyone have any mods/advice to bring more support to those seat backs?
Rmcc3086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 08:59 AM   #2

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I am unfamiliar with but have experience in seat backs not staying in place. I have added a Velcro strips to the backs to hold them in place done the same with the bottoms that slide forward. Just something to consider.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 04:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmcc3086 View Post
Hi all, just purchased a used 2022 2318G a few weeks ago, as I setup the camper, it appears there is nothing really holding the seat backs up in the dinette other than the pushback of the canvas, is that the way its supposed to be, and if so, does anyone have any mods/advice to bring more support to those seat backs?

There should be fold down backing support boards / panels under the dinette seats cushions. Those need to be swung up into place, therefore supporting the dinette cushion backs.

If not, then for whatever reason, they may have been removed.

I have attached a video of your Popup, albeit yours is a 2022. At about 3:39 and 5:09 you can see the backing boards I am talking about. Hope this helps.

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 10:25 PM   #4

I had a 228D Flagstaff, the same as yours. Flagstaff and Rockwood are like GMC and Chevy.

I had the same. The hinged wooden board flips up and leans in to the canvas. The cushion is of course taller than the board and does as well.

What compounds the issue is when you lean back the wood backboard hits the top of the slideout and if you push back at all the hinge acts as a fulcrum and pushes the seat away from the back. This will pop the light wood panel off the front of the seat.

I doubled up the light wood of the seat frame along the sides and front of the seat then used some flat steel about to make a squared off "S" shape hooked both the expanded frame I made and over the leading edge of the seat bottom. This prevented it from sliding forward. Put them about 2 inches from each end.

This is a profile/side view. The top "open" part of the hook captures the seat bottom plywood and keeps it in place from sliding. I screwed them in to the seat frame to hold in place. It will take some practice because with this in place it will have to be lifted up from the rear to pull up/out and slid out of the hook.

Click image for larger version

Name:	metalhook.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	283216
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 10:27 PM   #5

Double Post oops
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 02:11 PM   #6

I have the 2318g too. Like others have said you have to flip up the backer board then place your cushions up against the flipped up backer boards. Also the gaucho couch has a backer board that has to be flipped up too.

Tags
2318g, dinette, slide, slide out