Originally Posted by Gipetto
I just purchased a 2018 Forest River Rockwood 282 TESP Extreme Sports tent trailer with a toy hauler.
In Ontario they are very rare. I am curious whether anyone has had much experience with them and might be able to offer any insight or advice. I've already had to replace the water pump but otherwise it seems to be in good shape.
Welcome to the forum!
I've got the 2014 Fleetwood ver. of your camper.
I've Only come across a few issues I'll share:
- lack of storage when hauling 2 machines. My 2 big ARCTIC CAT atv's take up the whole deck, so no room for gear. I've had to get creative & add additional storage capabilities by adding a rear hitch w/cargo carrier & box + a front hitch mount w/ another box. I also added a topper to my truck.
- when loaded with machines - she's front heavy so I added air bags to my truck suspension to compliment my WDH (weight distribution hitch
- add a sway bar control arm - I found mine can get a little "silly
" when fully loaded and tends to push thru corners - my REESE took care of it.
- watch tire wear! If they are under-inflated (less than 40psi
) it will tear up the inner edge. They are OFF-ROAD
tires - not typical chinese blow-out specials. I run mine at 55psi and rotate every yr - no issues since
- oh and I added a different set of removable steps. the factory ones were bent by the previous owner and not straightened properly. These new ones are awesome.
- take a step ladder! They slide under the ATV's and you'll find it's handy!
You'll find all sorts of little "mods
" as the more you venture out with it. I love it