Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2017, 01:15 PM   #1

95 Rockwood XL - Roof Repair & where to find molding

Hi guys,

Great to get connected in this community. Reaching out to get some answers about a new to me 95 Rockwood XL Pop-Up I acquired recently. Roof has to be completely rebuilt, but the rest seems solid and in good shape (amazingly).

Question: Where do I find the channel molding (if that's what you call it) that goes along the top edges of the roof and down the front and back sides of the camper. This is the large molding that almost acts as a bumper of sorts and also protects the screws with a flat trim insert molding that goes inside it. I can find the trim inserts everywhere in multiple colors, but can't seem to find the channel molding anywhere. The molding along the roof and sides is quite large There is also another strip that runs across the front of the camper that is much smaller (but is basically the same thing). Any ideas?

Also, I plan to rebuild the roof of this camper completely. currently it is covered in Fiberglass sheeting that has a large rip and has a few other holes (again, it's amazing the rest of the camper hasn't deteriorated like the roof). I was thinking about replacing it with one of the Superflex Rubber Roof Kits : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...=ANNYFJC2Y5PU4

Would this be a good idea? Or should I go a different direction. The other idea I had was to just repair the rip and other holes with Endurabond Tape, reinstall and then cover the entire roof with the Dicor Fiberglass roof coating: Dicor RPFRC1 Fiberglass RV Roof Coating - 1 Gallon | eBay

If any of you can steer me in the right direction, that would be great. The second option would obviously be cheaper, but I want to do whats best so I can prevent having to do this fix again prematurely. I have some skills, but I'm brand new to Pop-up campers and maintenance. Would prefer not to learn new lessons the hard way

Blessings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170616_000546.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	141969  
Demps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:12 PM   #2

Corner Caps

So one thing I noticed is that most of these Rockwood Campers have corner caps on the roof with channel molding in between them. If the molding on my camper wasn't so large, perhaps I could cut it to fit and install new corner caps. Question is, did this camper originally come with corner caps...or did they just not have them in 95? Interesting....
Demps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, roo, repair, roof, roof repair, mold