Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2020, 01:08 PM   #1

All wired together

2020 HW296.
We are enjoying it a lot.
Issue:
The embedded ceiling lights, the portable plug in reading lights and the vent fan are all on the same switch.
For example one cannot turn on a single reading light without also having ALL the ceiling lights on at the same time.
Same goes for the vent fan. It won't run w/o the ceiling lights energized.

I find this to be a LAZY way of wiring up anything.
Any suggestions on how to segregate the three separate items?
Thank you!
Eric
Eric Hoffmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 10:28 PM   #2

On my 2018 HW296, the lights have pushbuttons on the bottom center. You push the center of the bottom to turn them on and off. Yes, the switch has to be on for the fan or any lights to work.
smither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:48 PM   #3

We had the same “issue” with our 206STSE. Nobody told us either. Seemed really strange way of wiring a circuit.
Cfox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 06:43 AM   #4

our previous Highwall (a 2010 hw277) was the same way. we would turn the master switch on when we set up and turn the individual lights on/off by the switches on the light itself. we are not tall gals - so we had a 99cent bamboo backscratcher from Pier One we kept on the counter to assist with turning individual lights on/off (multipurpose item - helped with getting paper goods out of the hanging pantry and back itches).
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
our previous Highwall (a 2010 hw277) was the same way. we would turn the master switch on when we set up and turn the individual lights on/off by the switches on the light itself. we are not tall gals - so we had a 99cent bamboo backscratcher from Pier One we kept on the counter to assist with turning individual lights on/off (multipurpose item - helped with getting paper goods out of the hanging pantry and back itches).
I laughed at this!! I have the same problem, I'm a short girl with a HW! I have had to make a 'press stick' 'hook stick' and 'ball stick' just to function in my HW not to mention the step stool needed just to open the blinds

Eric - I find it annoying too how they have this wired, surely it couldn't have been that difficult to have the fan on it's own switch? If I want the fan on during the day, I have to go around with my 'press stick' turning off all 6 lights!